We stayed at the Arona during the last week in February. The week didn't start well when we were surrounded by a group of Liverpool families together on the Plane, who were ignorant of everyone around them and there to be as loud and crude as possible,sums up Brits abroad !
Transfer was quick and easy and greeting at Reception was good with Champagne. We were put in a side room on Level 2 which initially we had misgivings about but the sun is on that side most of the day so better than some of the Pool and Sea views.
Whilst the room was very clean and quiet we had very small ants in the bathroom on the second day. We reported this and the guy came to look and spray but the following days they returned, you expect things abroad but they on the towels etc. so we were moved to a room at the end of the same floor which was fine.
If you want the best room for sun all day then ask for a room ending 60 to 71 eg 360 468' because these rooms will get sun almost all day, some of the other sea views didn't, although you are probably round the pool anyway. There are plenty of sunbeds and they take a dim view of people leaving towels and wandering off for hours, you usually get a notice on them, but as it was cloudy when we were there we never saw anyone's things get moved.
The buffet was ok, perhaps having cruised a lot we have used to better, it seem to get better as the week went on but sometimes it let itself down, seemed like some frozen things were used rather than fresh. There is a separate restaurant open on Tues and Thurs which is 17 eUro each, very fancy, very posh, and five courses but wasn't really sure what we had when we finished. All small portions but nice to be waited on.
The location is good, right at the far end of Cristianis, there are supermarkets etc across the road and it's about a five minute walk into the main part. It only takes five to ten minutes to get to anywhere busier and the beauty of Tenerife is that you can just walk and walk along the front. The entertainment was typical of a Tenerife Hotel but some nights was very good.
Overall a clean Hotel, acceptable food, reasonable entertainment and more suited to older people, everyone was quite old while we were there and we are not young!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Spring Arona Gran Hotel, it's located in a privileged position on the seaside promenade, facing the island of La Gomera, offers spectaculars views of the bay and the old fishing port of Los Cristianos and is only 3 km from the golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), World Independent Hotel Promotion, Hotels.com, TravelUp, HotelQuickly and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Spring Arona Gran Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Arona Gran
- Arona Gran Los Cristianos
- Arona Gran Hotel Tenerife
- Arona Gran Tenerife
- Spring Arona Gran Hotel Tenerife/Los Cristianos