All reviews el paso pool bar steep hill these apartments studio apartment per day reception staff shallow end self catering pool view bars and restaurants balti balti walking difficulties washing machine jungle park sun loungers min walk
Reviewed 11 November 2017

Very nice room, good kitchen facilities, plenty of coat hangers in the wardrobes.
very upset you have to pay for sun beds also have to wait til at least 9\:00 until the life guard is on site to take your ticket. Not a big area to put sun beds they could do with storing the sun beds in one area if they wish to carry on being mean and charging for the use of them. No free WIFI, I find this most out of order charging to hook up. I had to complain in order to get the towels changed but the beds got over looked. The people who run this place are out to rip us holiday makers off. the crazy thing is they dont have the electricity on the card system so we left the fan on all day in the room. made sure we wasted their electricity. I have stayed in cheaper apartments and got free use of sun beds, wifi, bedding change and towels changed. oh yes and water bottles can be filled by the pool for a charge.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Janet G
maureenmakins0n, Manager at Castle Harbour Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2017

Unlike a hotel, we do not have additional funds to pay for the upkeep of the pool and the lifeguard required by touristic laws, not for the cost of the wifi.
Each apartment is individually owned and the money paid for an apartment goes directly to the Owner and not to the Community. Not every Owner in the community rents out their apartment, so the only way to pay for the Lifeguard and for the wifi is to make a charge.
The pool area has to be cleaned every morning, so it is just not possible to open the sunbeds before 9am.
The water machine allows you to buy water at 50 cents a litre, which is a considerable saving when compared to the price of bottled water in the supermarket.
The rental company who are responsible for the cleaning and linen changes of apartments are a separate entity from the community, but they are available every day in the office next door to Reception should anyone have an issue. They work hard to ensure their clients are happy with the facilities they offer.
I feel sorry for the Owner of this particular apartment who may now find their electricty bill has increased considerably simply because someone wanted to get their own back.

Reviewed 11 November 2017

3rd year on the trot and will be returning, great pool including kids area, no noise at night so great for families, staff helpful,run out of toilet roll so asked reception they just gave us some more, pool bar great quality & value, basic but clean apartments, ok for self catering, 15 minute walk to sea front, 3.50 Euro for a cab back up to hotel if walking is too much. Lots of bars, restaurants and entertainment nearby so can stay local if you wish, all in all a great holiday and looking forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view, facing the sea if possible
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

I was so pleased to read your review.
One of our strengths is the people who return year on year.
They become friends and almost part of our community.
I look forward to seeing you next time.
I do not recognise your name, but I am sure I would know your face.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel only paid £630 for myself and my husband. Well firstly our towels have been changed once in a week and im guessing this is because i kicked up a stink about it hence why they gave us clean ones. Had to ask for toilet rolls aswel which is absoultely terrible. The lady thats mostly on reception (who never had a name badge) her attitude is disgusting asking me to leave my key i get security reasons etc but we are not children. Never used the resort once due to the fact you have to pay for sun loungers in my eyes is appalling. The wifi isnt free. Also myself ans my husband are covered in bite marks probarly from the beds will seek medical advice when i get home. Avoid this hotel as its a conplete hell hole. Its shared hotel were people have bought apartments. Los Cristianos is very nice loads of english and scottish bars all very freindly. Shame the hotel let it down big time. If i could rate a zero i would!!!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Could you please tell me which apartment you stayed in?
I would like to investigate your complaints personally
We take all complaints seriously, but any suggestions that we have problems with cleanliness is of paramount importance and needs to be checked immediately.
Did you book through the official agency or privately?

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

Beautiful spacious studio on 6th floor with large balcony. Fab pool. Peaceful, quiet and stars very bright in the dark sky. We loved it here. Yes, it's a heck of a hill up from seafront but taxi was 3.50 euros and well worth it. Easy 20 min walk downhill from front entrance. What reception did not tell us when we arrived starving at 10pm (they told us to go out front and walk downhill to restaurants, which were a good way away) was to get out of lift at 2nd floor and walk past pool to El Paso restaurant, which is part of the complex or walk out of rear entrance of complex across the road from there to Don Quixote restaurant. Good little supermarket out of rear entrance and down the hill one minute on opposite side. Nearly next to supermarket is lovely family-run traditional restaurant Coy. Further down a few minutes outside Taurus steakhouse (very expensive and not good) is taxi rank. Any taxi booked by apartment reception is dearer by about 20% (we assumed they get commission) plus they charge you 30 cents to book one! Resort itself is charming and not too busy. Wonderful boat trips (we saw whales and dolphins on every trip), inexpensive food and drink in wide choice of bars and restaurants, lovely palm tree prom with lots of benches, good beach facilities (wooden boardwalks, showers, loos). Lovely holiday

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gail B

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you loved our complex, and hope to see you return.
I take your point about the Reception not telling you about restaurants locally when you arrived late, and will suggest we leave a list of local Restaurants that serve meals late for guests.
With regard to the taxis, we do not get commission from them The taxi companies put an automatic charge on any pick up from a hotel, complex, bar etc. Anywhere rather than from the taxi rank incurs this charge which the company keep.
The 30 cent charge is to cover the phone call. We are not a hotel with additional funds to cover these costs. Sorry

Reviewed 27 October 2017

Stayed here for first time last week with my wife, were a bit unsure due to it being privately owned apartments but all the doubts were gone as soon as we walked into our apartment, it was large, clean, fully equipped kitchen, plus tv, radio, and CD player.(though I understand that not all rooms are the same in layout or decor) There were large ceiling fans in the apartment and the bedroom. Yes as stated in other reviews the towels were only changed once and the bed clothes not at all in the 7 days but that wasn't a major issue. The complex itself was bright and clean the pool area was lovely didn't eat in the pool bar but friends of ours did and they said the food was good.The walk back from the beach was up hill but really wasn't an issue . I would have no issue with recommending this location based on my stay.

Room Tip: we stayed in 126
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for recommending us to others.
I hope you will come and visit us again.