My wife and I have just returned on the 18th January 2013 from a week holiday staying in the Sol Princess Dacil. Our first impressions of this hotel were not good, although we paid a lot of money for our 2 week stay we were allocated a standard room on the first floor overlooking the Pool. The room was awful very small, no where to sit except on the bed. The TV did not work, one bed looked as though it was about to collapse. The furniture was mostly broken or worn out. The bathroom was fairly big but in the same condition as the rest of the room worn out and the shower sprayed water all over the floor. On the plus side this room had a very large balcony over looking the pool, with 2 plastic chairs to sit on. If you wanted any other patio equipment pay extra, there is a lot of pay extra at this hotel.
We suffered this room for 2 nights before I asked for a transfer to another room, the girls on reception were every helpful and I was given a key to another room to look at. This room was a apartment of the 8th floor again overlooking the pool. The room was 3 times larger than our cupboard, with a large living room with sofa, chair, TV, much smaller balcony, huge bedroom and a good sized bathroom. I was given the choice of taking the second room straight away because it would probably not be available in the morning. Although it was 1030pm we changed room that night. We were not charged for changing to the larger room and enjoyed the remainder of our stay at the hotel.
The prices of drinks at the bar are very expensive, the charge for use of Internet in the reception area is very expensive. If you can afford it go all inclusive and have a good time you will save money. There are 2 internet cafes 2 minutes and 10 minutes from the hotel offering free internet as long as you buy something.
The food offered was Ok they cater for a lot of people on a self service basis, there is a lot to choose from and you can make up a different meal every day. Again if you are all inclusive the drinks with your meal are free. If you want a cushion on your chair at the pool guess what you have to pay extra.
The TV is all Spanish except for Sky news and a couple of other news programe's.
All in all except for the poor room at the start we enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The location compaired to other hotels is quite good and not far from the nearest beach. Beware of the Brits queuing up at 0800am to get into the gardens to put towel's on the beds, I put a few on the floor and took a picture of the sign stating reserving beds with towels is not permitted,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is 4 minutes walk from the beach. TRYP Tenerife lies 200 m from the beach of Los Cristianos in Tenerife. It features a large outdoor pool with sun loungers and rooms with balconies, most with sea views. Children can enjoy activities such as climbing and the superjumper. Meanwhile parents can enjoy a game of tennis, a session in the gym or simply sunbathing on the sun terrace. At the end of the day the family can come together to share a meal in the buffet restaurant before enjoying the nightly entertainment. There is also a pool bar and a sports bar. Tenerife South Airport is less than 20 minutes' drive from TRYP Tenerife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Melia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotel.de, Travel Republic (UK) and TravelUp so you can book your TRYP Tenerife reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Princesa Dacil Hotel Los Cristianos
- Sol Melia Arona
- Sol Princesa Dacil Arona
- TRYP Tenerife Los Cristianos