All reviews private courtyard jacuzzi bath half board duck pond secret escapes senior suite unique hotel each pod large bedroom freshly cooked eggs two double beds salad buffet short walk to the beach coffee maker thoroughly enjoyed our stay relaxing holiday sun loungers
Reviewed 13 August 2018

I spent a week in the hotel. The staff were lovely and helpful. The catering staff especially were happy to cater to my special dietary needs. The rooms are very large (separate sitting area and massive bathroom). Each room also has a lovely private courtyard. The rooms are a bit dated, but they are very quiet. The pool is small bit pleasant (although water quiet cold). The spa staff are nice and proficient but the spa in particular looks rather dated. My room had pleasant water glimpses.

I primarily took a point off for the lack wifi - which is a modern necessity, especially as I injured myself and was stuck in the hotel. There is no wifi in the rooms. You can rent a cellular modem, but it did not have proper reception in my room, so I returned it. There is fairly slow wifi in the lobby area.

An additional issue. I woke up the first two nights covered in sweat (and evenings there are cool) until I realized that the mattress protector was rubber. I removed it and then slept very comfortably.

There is not a lot in walking distance so a car is recommended.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
José G, Director General at VIK Suite Hotel Risco del Gato, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Dear Benjamin R,

Thank you for your review of teh Hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are very sorry if you have had problems with the Wifi, normaly our free WiFi in the Lobby and Restaurants is working very well. We wish you all the best for your injury!

Kind regards

Reviewed 6 June 2018

Very unusual but brilliant suites!! We loved the little pods!
Delicious food and very friendly staff.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and was the perfect relaxed break we all needed.
Not a lot of nightlife but some amazing bars and a very good club which was all we needed!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
José G, Director General at VIK Suite Hotel Risco del Gato, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Dear Jennystar12018,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a very nice review of your stay. We are really happy to know that you have had a relaxing holiday at the hotel.
Hope to see you soon again!

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

We are on the last night of a wonderful ten day break at this lovely hotel.
Attention to detail, and the attentiveness and the friendliness of the staff have made our stay very special indeed.

Antonio, Chico and Paco especially have made us welcome everyday at mealtimes whilst laughing at our attempts at broken Spanish! The freshness and variety of the food at breakfast had been fantastic including the fresh juices, omelettes and Canarian specialities. Equally the evening a la carte food has been fantastic, with a great sense of pride being taken in the dishes which really sets it aside from other hotels in the area. I am notoriously fussy (ask my boyfriend!) but I can not fault the cleanliness, and the comfortableness of the bedrooms. We had a junior suite and it was fantastic with comfortable beds, pillows and an ample sun terrace. I am also a very light sleeper but due to the spacious lay out of the rooms I did not get disturbed once by other noise this is a big thing for me!

So to address other people’s issues, yes it is a quiet area but that’s why we choose it. It’s a calm relaxing destination, surrounded by nature and lovely beaches. To say there is nothing around though isn’t correct as within a ten minute walk when we felt like an alternative to the hotel food there are some lovely choices - stunning tapas at Markos and Monica’s, Tasca das gotas great cocktails at los piratas and the hotels sister restaurant a 30 second walk is superb. Glorious beaches and coastal walks surround you as well as supermarkets to stock up on cava to enjoy on your sun terrace!

Yes there are some nudists on the beach but that’s life avert your eyes or walk to the left side a bit, less on show there :) there are so many beaches and coves to discover you can find your own slice of paradise.

All in all a fantastic holiday at a wonderful place. I have heard that this hotel was one of a kind when it established itself over 30 years ago and is still miles ahead of all the others, we look forward to returning and impressing the staff with our improved Spanish!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank MissBongo99
José G, Director General at VIK Suite Hotel Risco del Gato, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2018

Dear MissBongo99,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a very nice review of our hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. All the staff and my selfe hope to see you soon again.

Yours sincerely.

José González Allende.
Manager.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

Obviously designed as a Mars village, but once you're over the odd shaped suites, everything is there. Food isn't 'fine dining' but was very reasonable and several choices offered. Breakfasts were plentiful and varied, so didn't need to buy lunch.

Date of stay: March 2018
José G, Director General at VIK Suite Hotel Risco del Gato, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Dear ManxMountaineers,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are happy that you enjoyed your holidays with us and hope to see you soon again!

Kind regards

Reviewed 9 April 2018

Very relaxing stay in lovely spacious rooms. Landscaped gardens & plenty of pools & sunbeds. Very private & peaceful. Great food served by very friendly staff. Breakfast very plentiful & lots of fresh fruit in a lovely setting in the sunshine.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank camdur

Hello camdur,

Thank you so much for your lovely review and the very good rating. We all hope to see you soon again.

Yours sincerely