We have just returned from 2 weeks staying at the Oasis Lanz. Our apartment no 222 was quite basic but very clean, enough kitchen equipment for what we wanted and good enough as a base. Bedding was clean and towels were changed whenever we wanted, when we left the dirty ones in the bath. The apartments could do with a makeover but we were not expecting 4 or 5 star. The reception staff were brilliant and nothing was too much trouble. The maids were very pleasant and did a good job. They only missed 2 days in the fortnight not cleaning the apartment. I did mention this to reception and the following day we had 2 visits!
The rooms only have fans. Ours made a noise which was annoying when going off to sleep so we told the reception and a maintenance man was sent within an hour. The fan was much quieter after this. The area was very quiet at night.
There are many trees and shrubs which makes the grounds look very appealing. The pools are kept very clean. Our family were in the apartment below us for the first week. Their apartment was just like ours. I was disappointed with the children's room for my 3 year old granddaughter. There was very little to keep a child occupied for long and the flooring was dirty. We only went once.
The sun beds were taken by the same families day after day and towels were put out very early. What was annoying was that towels were left on the beds even if the people went off for a few hours! Very selfish. One night there were 4 towels left on sun beds all night. I think the staff should have had these removed.
The hotel's situation is excellent. Across the road are all the restaurants and shops. A short walk down the road to the lovely beaches with excellent snorkelling.
We loved Lanzarote - our first visit to the island. We took a bus to Famara beach, €5.70 for 2 adults, about 20 minute ride. The buses were excellent and very regular to lots of areas. We booked a short south tour for our family of 8 which included Temanfaya and the camel ride with First Minute tours. They were excellent and very informative of the areas. I also booked them to collect us from the airport and they were waiting for us when we arrived. Our flight was an hour late but this was no problem for them.
There is so much to see on Lanzarote. The lava fields and volcanoes, beautiful beaches, caves, markets, vineyards, cactus garden and the wonderful tapas and fish dishes.
I will definitely return to Costa Teguise and wouldn't hesitate to stay at the Oasis Lanz.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Oasis Lanz Club Lanzarote is situated in the heart of Costa Teguise, the ever popular destination for tourists and holiday-makers. The resort is conveniently located in a very central position in the town and is only a 10 minute drive to Arrecife, the capital city of Lanzarote.Oasis Lanz Club is a tranquil resort, perfect for a relaxing and rejuvenating break. The hotel complex houses 98 one bedroom apartments, 18 two bedroom apartments and 15 two bedroom suites, all set amidst well tended, lush tropical gardens. All apartments benefit from a private balcony or terrace with table and chairs so that you may dine outside or relax with a cocktail or two.All apartments are fully equipped for self-catering and feature an oven, hob, fridge freezer, and microwave, plus all the utensils, cutlery and tableware you would need to cook a meal inside the apartment. There is a convenience store within walking distance and the main shopping centre is a very short taxi-ride away.Oasis Lanz Club is perfectly situated in a central location and is surrounded by cafes, bars and restaurants of all descriptions serving foods from all over Europe. The nightlife in Costa Teguise is laid back in nature so you can rest assured that you will not be disturbed by late night music. That said, there are a few discotheques to be found locally, and a plethora of themed pubs and bars. Those in pursuit of a more lively night scene may want to try an evening in the capital of Arrecife, where the action takes place on José Antonio Street, or book an excursion to the inland town of Teguise where you will find a unique development and tourist attraction called ‘LagOmar’ which houses ‘La Cueva Bar’ – a bar built into a real cave.The white sand beach, Playa Jablillo, is just 100 yards from the complex and is easily accessible by foot. Lanzarote boasts some of the most stunning beaches in Europe, and the beaches of Costa Teguise are no exception. There are other beautiful beaches to explore in the area, most notably Playa Cucharas, a beach frequented by windsurfers and Playa Bastian which is shielded from the high winds and preferred by families. The beaches of Costa Teguise are a treat for lovers of watersports, and several windsurfing schools are dotted along the coast for those wishing to try their hand.Costa Teguise has activities and excursions for all ages, and is also home to the only waterpark on Lanzarote, Aqua Lanza where you can join in the fun on rides such as the Kamikaze, or whizz around on the high-speed River Slide. A must-do excursion for little kids and big kids alike! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oasis Lanz Beach Mate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oasis Lanz Club Hotel Costa Teguise
- Oasis Lanz Hotel
- Oasis Lanz Costa Teguise
- Oasis Lanz Beach Mate Lanzarote/Costa Teguise