Sands Beach Resort
US$195
US$113
  • Breakfast included
Occidental Lanzarote Mar(Costa Teguise)
US$133
US$118
Barcelo.com
  • Restaurant
US$159
US$143
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
El Guarapo Apartments(Costa Teguise)
US$80
US$168
Santa Rosa(Costa Teguise)
Apartamentos Sol(Costa Teguise)
TripAdvisor
Blue Sea Costa Bastian(Costa Teguise)
3,532 results
All reviewsmai taibeach frontplaza verdesoleil barhacienda restaurantbeachfront apartmentbuddy clubself cateringlagoon areaman made beachonsite supermarketprivate beachon site shopolympic poolfridge freezergames roomgreat holiday
Reviewed 8 June 2010

Just returned from a weeks stay at Sands Beach with a 17yr old daughter having used this guide to help come to that decision. We basically got what we were looking for, my daughter wanting a relaxing break between exams so hustle and bustle* was not on the menu. The complex is very well maintained in general and there is enough to keep you on site should you want to. Staff are pleasant, though there can be a queue at the reception, but they assist best they can particularly if one doesn't make a song and dance about the odd minor problem, which MOST holidays experience, so i wouldn't get hung up about this as one or two previous comments suggest. The apartments are located around 1 of 6 pools which as stated are not heated, and the beach front is around the lagoon and Mai Tai pool which IS heated and has loungers around the pool aswell as a bar and waterfall. This is where we spent several days, mostly due to the wind throwing sand about on the small sandy beach available for free within 100yards. The accomodation (junior appt) was certainly spacious for 2 and i would see 4 people sharing being adequate, especially as my daughter had the double bedroom to herself (obviously untidy for the week!) and i had the pull down double with mattress already made hidden in a wardrobe in the lounge! They were clean (cleaned daily) and in a good 3* plus condition, no broken furniture or fittings and pleasant enough inside though they look pretty cool from around the pool areas and in all a good set up for 'us' the holiday maker.
The complex and resort was pretty quiet for our stay, we were told the volcanic ash problems had slowed things down, but it was all clean and the resort had plenty of eateries even if busy, the centre being a 10-15minute stroll away. We visited porto just south of arreclife (airport) for the day which was much less well maintained and appreciated teguise much more when we returned. IF you book here try going the extra mile and grab a beachfront, whether a couple, travelling with teenagers or young kids! will find you have everything you need pretty close at hand, the youngsters everywhere seemed to love this complex and the kids club started and ended at Mai Tai a stonesthrow away, leaving the adults to relax for a tad. Would recommend this to any family wanting a safe complex with plenty to do or close at hand to keep the kids happy, usually ending up in the main bar at the end of the night for laid on entertainment followed by karaoke (yes the dreaded Xfactor auditions..not) at 11pm which actually was ok and a bit of fun. If you want everything including nightlife on your doorstep the sands probably isn't what you want, however if you want it pretty laid back and don't mind a relatively short walk to town, want a good base for suntanning and kids entertained in very pleasant surroundings then go for it, just beware of the wind rather than the beeze! Good holiday.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank simondoncaster
Reviewed 7 June 2010

Got back yesterday from enjoyable stay at Sands Beach. I always use this site to get low down on holidays before I book, as let's face you don't want to waste your money!!
I found reception to be polite,helpful and efficient. True - sometimes you had to wait for service , but no longer than 5 mins. We booked the beach front - as it looked nice on the web site - however I was really disappointed to find that we were at the end of the terrace of appartments . This meant that we did not have the sandy beach outside as promised. There are about six appartments like this ( with no beach) . I know it doesn't sound like a major gripe- but read on and you'll see why.
In the rules and reglations book that you're issued - it clearly states no reserving of sunbeds. This rule was totally ignored and most mornings I had to get up at 7 to put our towels down because that's what everyone else was doing( mainly Brits and Irish I have to say). Because we couldn't see the beach from our 'beachfront appt' we had the disadvantage. Don't get me wrong- I'm not opposed to anyone reserving a bed as long as they're going to use it. Some people put towels down and then go to the market and turn up at 4! Anyway - back to accomodation. The whole complex is very well planned and set out - immaculately clean grounds- any rubbish left out for collection taken away almost immeadiately. Apartment itself was ok- clean, if a little dated- no major gripes apart from the walls are very thin. We had a connecting door-which was locked because there was another family next door - that included a baby that screamed 24/7!
We mainly used the pool on Paradise Island which isn't the largest pool I've ever seen and I'm pretty sure it wasn't heated. We went at beginning of June and it was very, very windy which made it less inviting, The jacuzzi wasn't working- there were children using it as a climbing apparatus - until someone pointed out how dangerous it was- and the
staff cordoned it off. The Mai Tai resturant had a good selection of food but the service at the tables and for ice cream was dreadful. One day ,we waited for 20 minutes for a waitress to even give us the menu- in the end we gave up and ate elsewhere. There is a very rocky beach directly outside the complex- but if you walk for about 15-20 minutes there is a sandy beach. My teenagers were disappointed as there was no 'banana boat;'
ride though and the sea was very, very cold because of the time of year and really huge waves because of the wind. Summing up -I'd say that if you have young children ( 6 and under) this is the ideal place - it's safe, the lagoon/beach is great for sand castles etc. There's a lively kids club, but again -for the young. My teenagers were bored- the resort itself is very quiet and they needed more to do.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank purplecatz
Reviewed 7 June 2010

just been for a weekend in lanzarote and stayed at the sandsbeach resort.

nice 10 minute walk into Costa Teguise where there are many nice places to eat and drink - Casa Blanca being excellent - located up on the hill. the Paella was fantastic

6 year old daughter loved the kids club.

staff are efficient with a few being very friendly.
couple of complaints though were that the pools werent heated - went during first week in June and this prevented my girl from really enjoying it - she loves to swim but was cold. OK, once you got in it was bearable. apparrently the pool is heated but wasnt turned on.

as for the pillows - pah! dont get me started on them :)

all in all though - a good place

would definately go again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank misc_images
Reviewed 4 June 2010

Reading some of the older reviews I was a bit weary about going and what to expect, but I have to say I was very surprised. The complex is very safe and with a choice of 7 swimming pools and the private lagoon it was perfect. The lagoon had fresh sea water which was pumped in and was always clean and not deep so the kids had great freedom to play. The pools where great especially the one at the Mai tai bar. The entertainment staff what can I say, they were just fantastic especially Kacha and anastasia who were great in the kids club. The apartment is very clean with cleaning most days, but if you needed anything you just asked at reception and it was got for you. Plenty of space for a family of 4. The food in the hotel restaurant was fine but there are some lovely restaurants in the short stroll up to the main section of costa teguise.
I would really recommend this hotel to families as I will be going back next year.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2010

Went to Sands Beach 21st to 28th May, we stayed in an apartment at Plaza Del Sol, First impressions for the money we paid, excellent, spotless outside areas, the pools spotless, but as others had reviewed before, the apartments need a little refurbishing..furniture a little worn here and there..apartments are of a good size with all the facilities you need...The bars and the staff very good ...reception staff helpful and friendly...As I understand, the apartments around the plazas are 3 star and the beach front apartments are 4 star..We particularly liked the outside patio at the apartments.. Sands Beach felt very safe, peaceful and all in all a fantastic place for a holiday if you can overlook the tired furnishings in the apartments...The walk into Costa Teguise took about 20 minutes...We didn't see one cockroach!! We enjoyed it very much and it exceeded our expectations for the price we paid for the week....We would recommend Sands Beach for couples and families...

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple