We arrived on May 21st for an 11 night stay with 2 children (ages 4 & 8).
This was our fifth visit to this particular resort /apartments and we had our best visit yet.
Check in was fast and efficient .
We had a 2 bedroom beachfront apartment which was ideal for us as the children had their own space within the apartment which was to their (& our ) liking. Very well set out and kept 2 story apartment...very clean and adequately equiped for a self catering holiday ( fridge freezer,cooker,oven ,microwave,kettle, toaster,iron, TV, hairdryer & dishwasher). It was cleaned nearly everyday and any rubbish was instantly collected when you left it outside the garden area outside the apartment .
The resort is quiet but that suited us as a family and it was what we expected . The walk to the main restaurants was around 10 minutes and once there there are many fabulous places to eat...Lani's being the absolute best place to eat !!
Back at the hotel ,the kids club was greatly used by our 4 year old who throughly enjoyed the efforts of the entertainers..Bastian, Katya and Anastacia. They really made a huge effort with all the children especially in the evening with the childrens mini disco . But there was activities also during the day for the older children to take part in such as the table tennis and pool competitions by the Mai Tai pool which my 8 year old son loved.
There was also an arcade room and an internet room with video games .
The resort is windy as a rule and there were 2 days where the wind really picked up but that is of no fault of the hotel ...it's Lanzarote ! We were prepared with light jackets but in all honesty never had to use them .
The pools were all cold but after the initial plunge they were fine ,especially if you were hot !
The Hacienda restaurant on site had poor service ...much better if you order the takeaway pizza's !! There was no urgency to take an order or get drinks or even give you the bill when you ate in. The Mai Tai had fabulous service although at times it could be a little slow . The on site supermarket was not as expensive as you would imagine.
It really is a safe complex to stay for a holiday . It's friendly and clean (not a cockroach in sight!).
We had a relaxing holiday and we will no doubt be returning to the resort in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sands Beach Resort lies on the eastern coast of Lanzarote, 15 min from the airport, facing Los Charcos Beach and with direct access to the promenade. The Resort is provided of its own beach, 13 swimming pools (7 adults and 6 paddling), restaurants, pub, supermarket, gym, health center, internet, 24h reception, parking, tennis court, entertainment, etc. The apartments are very spacious and comfortable, with safe, tv-sat, microwave, fridge and freezer, oven, dishwasher, hairdryer, etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Sands Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Beach Resort Lanzarote/Costa Teguise
- Sands Resort Lanzarote
- Sands Beach Villas Lanzarote
- Beach Lanzarote Resort Sands
- Sands Beach Lanzarote
- Sands Beach Villas Resort
- Sands Beach Hotel Lanzarote