We stayed in the Tequise Playa from 5th to 26th Jan. 2012 on an All Inclusive Basis, in room 406 overlooking the pools and the beach.
The reception staff were very friendly, efficient and spoke good English.The location is good, the beach, just outside the back gate was ideal for "Refreshing" !!!! swims, water cold but made the hotel pool feel warm.
The room was adequate, on the small side, little room to sit and read, had to go down to the bar area. It was clean but bathroom needs updated, showing signs of age. Water not staying in either wash hand basin or bidet but very quickly fixed by maintainence. A good size safe for 2 euros 20 per day.
Restaurant, There was a good choice for breakfast, lunch & dinner. We never left hungry, on the negative the temperature of the hot food was usually on the cool side, (a microwave was available and was well used by us. Pork featured excessively on the show cooking and hot servery. The wine/sangria was most acceptable and there was Cava available every morning. The staff were excellent, particularly Sami.To those who complain about the food I would like to see what they eat at home.
Bars, again the staff were ist class, both during the day outside and in the evening inside, even remembering what we were likely to order. There was a poor selection of snacks in the outside bar during the day, eg no toasties, only sandwiches, pastries, fruit & yougurt, had to wait to be served along with the beer & spirits, not self service as was the case for the soft drinks.
In the evening the waiters were most attentive to everyone even though a large number of clients were All Inclusive. The Bar Manager & his deputy deserve special mention.
Entertainment- during the day from 11am, a good variety of games were provided by Magda, Laura & Co. In the evening, apart from the usual Parrot, Reptile, Birds of Prey and in house shows there were some very good professional acts, to those who might be critical I would point out that these were free and in some cases were excellent. Unfortunately it was rather cold in this area and a large number of guests had to wear jumpers or fleeces.
A nice touch was the presentation of some of the Senior Management team at a wekly Sangria/Paella demonstration, the Director Adolfo de la Rue (wearing his fleece, it was Jan.)even served the excellent meal cooked by the head chef.
I would recommend the hotel even though I know it requires some refurbishment. Stop looking at the carpets, enjoy the good things, great staff, great location and good value for money
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Teguise Playa Hotel is a hotel resort in Costa Teguise. Located in El Jablillo's coastline, this beach hotel is specially designed for couples and families with children who want to spend magical under excellent weather conditions at the Canary Islands. Common areas and Superior rooms have been recently renovated in order to offer to its guests more confort and quality during their stay. Rooms with balcony or terrace and spectacular sea views. For those who loves to play golf, The Be Live Experience Grand Teguise Playa Hotel holds agreements with the two existing golf courts in Lanzarote: the Lanzarote Golf and the Costa Teguise Golf. This hotel has the ISO 14001 Certification, as a result of its effective environmental management system. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Alpha Holidays Limited, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Stayforlong S.L., Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Grand Teguise Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Teguise Playa Costa
- Occidental Teguise Playa
- Occidental Grand Teguise Playa Hotel
- Occidental Hotel Lanzarote
- Hotel Grand Teguise Playa Lanzarote/Costa Teguise