Vanessa Hotel(Kalamaki)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$89
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$108/night.

Amaryllis Hotel(Kalamaki)
US$163
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$184/night.

US$128
US$125
  • Breakfast included
Anagenessis Village Hotel(Kalamaki)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$257
US$224
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$301/night.

Garden of Eden(Kalamaki)
US$336
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Athina Apts.(Kalamaki)
  • Pool
All reviewsplenty of sunbedsair conlovely hotelnext yearthe main strippool areabeansfriendly barmangreat holidaysmall hotelthomson repice creamjacket potatoplenty of choiceon tapkalamaki beachsoft drinks
Reviewed 1 November 2017

I stayed here with my parents for 2 week the last 2 weeks of October. The location of the hotel is very good - the beach is about a 5min walk through the back of the hotel and the local shops, restaurants, bars were a few minutes walk from the front of the hotel where there is also access to excursion information and vehicle hire.
We had no issues with the cleanliness of our room or the hotel - every morning staff were up early cleaning round the pool and same late at night (there is a jacuzzi, child small pool and an adult pool) towels and fresh bedding were changed every 3 days. I agree the bathrooms are very small as are the bath tubs however they were adequate.
The walls are quite thin though we could often here next door however I think they were just noisy in general.
I agree with some previous comments about the entertainment being low key and food repeatitive - usually it was pork, fish and chicken, however the meats were often used in different ways e.g chicken in a sauce, then souvlaki, then in a risotto so I wouldn't say you were having the exact same every night - the homemade soups on an evening were delicious and there was always salad, pastas and chips - snacks included sandwiches, hotdogs, burgers, salad, fruits and icecream in between meals. I felt breakfasts we're particularly good and anyone who says there wasn't enough must be ridiculously picky - toast, spreads, cereals, full English, continental, they even catered for gluten intolerant and provided soya milk.
Alcoholic drinks however were a let down - cocktails used very sweet syrups instead of alcohol e.g. Coconut syrup instead of Malibu and little use of spirit therefore I didnt particularly like the cocktails. Wines were very acidic however beer was fine but not strong. Fizzy and hot drinks were fine the creamy hot chocolates were lovely.
Entertainment was ok - bingo, quiz, singer, karaoke and then some sports on tv.
The hotel does have wifi however you have to pay for it - I chose not to and some people who had said it was very slow connection.
This is a great hotel and location if you prefer a quieter holiday. I would happily come here with my partner or family again however if I was on a girls holiday then you need to be in Laganas near the strip - it's about a 40min walk or around €10 in a taxi - there is no public transport on a weekend however through the week you can get there on the bus for €1.80.
We found all the staff to be extremely helpful and polite - we did not find anyone at all to be rude as other reviews have said
It is worth knowing that right at the end of season there is virtually nothing open or going on on the island so if you're wanting to be very active on holiday then Octobers probably isn't the time.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank rachel_h105
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Visited the Roseland Hotel 19th-26th Sept 2017. Got to the hotel at 2.30pm where the lunch food was still available for us newcomers. We then checked in afterwards. We thought that was a nice touch.
Had a lovely room, beds so comfy with big fluffy pillows. The bathroom was a little small but ok. The shower was tiny with a half panel and a short curtain which when you had a shower, made the bathroom floor soaked. Luckily the cleaners mop was outside and we used it on several occasions !
Lovely balcony, a table and 2 chairs. Had a TV in the room which could get English channels. Maid came every day to tidy and make beds. New towels every 3 days.

Food was lovely, salads, chips, spaghetti, veg, cold meats and cheeses, bread, made up rolls and condiments. The chef cooked something special every night including a bbq.
Breakfast was fantastic, everything you could think of. There was machine for coffee, hot choc etc. Tea bags, chamomile & green tea. Also a soft drink machine with coke, lemonade, orange/ apple juice, wine, beer, soda etc, not brands tho so pretty eurgh...

The bar was open from 11am to 11pm, serving very nice cocktails again not branded alcohol..

Lovely clean pool area, plenty of sunbeds to go round. The Jacuzzi wasn't very bubbly like you'd expect. There was a small tot pool, none heated so could be pretty cold at times..

There was also a pool table and table tennis available for free.

The only downside is the thin walls, unfortunately we had a very noisy couple next to us who thought it was ok to wake everyone up with their drunken arguments, shouting, screaming and rummaging through wardrobes at 3/4am a few mornings. Very inconsiderate people. Not the hotels fault at all.

Overall a fantastic stay at a lovely, well kept and looked after hotel. Excellent friendly staff. Nothing is too much trouble.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank Parrotlady1972
Reviewed 22 October 2017

The hotel itself is very very clean and tidy in all areas, rooms restaurant etc were always spotless every day , very impressed with that . The staff were friendly and accommodating to your needs .
What spoilt it for me was the food , I believe the chef was not greek and this showed as there was no greek dishes served. Breakfast was ok ,no English sausages just frankfurters ,I would have thought as it was mostly English clients that the hotel would have had English sausages. Eggs if left to long were rubbery and yolk hard and also why was there sweetcorn on the breakfast menu everyday it was always a talking point with holiday makers . Lunch and dinner was much of the same usually pork or chicken in a sauce which came so repetitive so we went out to eat on quite a few nights .They also provided filled rolls of Tuna,chese/ham/salad etc from 11am .
Rooms were kept spotlessly clean every day ,bedding and towels were changed every 2 or 3 days ,we left a tip everyday for our cleaner she was such a lovely lady.The room was ok and had a tv,hairdryer and safe ,lots of storage ,BUT AND ITS A BIG BUT the bathroom was a real let down , really small with wash basin and toilet and the smallest shower cubicle which had a plastic shower curtain that when showering had a mind of its own wrapping it self around you whilst pouring water all over the bathroom floor very unsafe as we didn't have a shower mat in our room so had to use the towels to mop up the water .
Entertainment was low key ,quizzes, bingo, and karaoke .
Many sunbeds available but pools were freezing ,went in once because somebody dared me to LOL, once was enough I have to say but we are beach lovers and the beach was amazing as always and sea was warmer.
All in all enjoyed Kalamaki but unfortunately won't be staying at the Roseland myself but would still recommend for a relaxing hotel with not a lot going on

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
7  Thank christinediane D
Reviewed 21 October 2017

Small hotel which we booked on the basis of the good TA reviews.
Unfortunately for us this Hotel was more suited to older persons over 65.
There was not much atmosphere there no music round the pool, some around the eating area. The entertainment was less than low key. In fact it stopped altogether after we left. It appeared that they had a lot of people who returned every year.
The Staff were great I have No fault with them all, they all worked hard.
The accommodation was a fair size with a balcony overlooking the pool, but the bathroom which had a sink toilet and small shower tray was not very big at all. You cannot get a wheelchair in there and people with mobility issues should be warned that this room because of the small shower and curtain can cause the floor to be wet making it a slip hazard. In my opinion the bathrooms could do with an update.
They also ask if you can put your used toilet paper into a bin rather than the toilet itself, This I felt was unhygienic.
The food was repetitive, unless you like chicken and pork. The breakfasts were also a buffet, but they do try to keep the trays filled up for guests.
You don't have to worry about putting a beach towel, there are plenty of sunbeds around the pool. They change the towels every 3 days but do not provide a beach towel. The beach is about 500M away bit of a trek through the gate at the rear of the hotel then turn left.
Kalamaki strip which is the main road to this town about 200M was run down, with litter and not a lot to do, unless you wanted to hire a car, scooter, or Quad bike.
If you wanted entertainment them you needed to get a cab, which they can order at the reception.
For me I wouldn't go back to the Hotel or to Zante, but will try other Greek Islands.

Room Tip: Pretty much all rooms overlook the pool
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Cooperman61
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Spent 2 weeks at beginning of October here as a 50 something couple and to be honest I have mixed views on this hotel. Firstly the food..... I booked this hotel because of the fabulous reviews of the food but this was not my experience. I struggled to find something to eat most nights as the choice was poor and not too appetising. We ended up eating out towards the end as I could not face meals here and it became a chore. I initially felt that I was being a bit picky and I appreciate that at an AI food can become a bit repetitive but after speaking to many other guests staying at the same time the majority agreed that they were very disappointed also by the food. A shame as this hotel has a lot of positives and maybe being the end of the season had something to do with it.
The location was great 5 mins to the beach which was lovely, the room was fine although as previously mentioned the bathroom is very small. The staff work hard to keep the hotel clean and are lovely apart from one woman on reception who was constantly on her phone and when I approached to tell her I had accidentally smashed a glass in my room (not wanting the cleaner to get glass in her feet in case I had missed some when I picked it up ) could not have been less interested if she tried and I had to repeat what I was trying to say 3 times as she wasn't listening.Shame really as all other staff were very friendly and hard working.
The karaoke night is the best night of the entertainment, not because I like karaoke but because it brings people together and this is lacking at this hotel. If you want a very quiet holiday this is the place for you but if you enjoy a little bit more of a lively hotel (I'm not talking Benidorm) then no.
We hired a car from Traffic Rentals and the service was great and reasonably priced and enabled us to see most of the island which is stunning. I would definitely return to Zante but not to this hotel mainly because of the food and lack of atmosphere.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple