Recently stayed at the golden sun hotel arrived on the 30th September 2017 stayed for a week was the first family holiday for myself, Natalie and our three children on arrival we were greeted by a friendly member of staff who checked us in and showed us to our room on entering our room we were showed how things work I.e safe TVs aircon and also a very swanky key card that also activated the electric the room was stunning for a family room wich was one room and a shower suit we had a cot,bunk bed and also a double bed really good sized family room and great to be close to the children to keep an eye on them the bathroom was very fancy the only fault we had with the rooms were that the shower water flowed out into the hall of room wich made it really slippy and also the entrance door had no lock on the inside so the kids could escape but I managed to block there access to the handle lol the balcony was great with a great view of the plains passing by at a very low height surprisingly no sleep was interrupted when doors were closed the staff there are very helpful we met some fantastic people on our stay some that I hope to see someday I contributed in every activity going even tho I was rubbish at most my mornings started off with water aerobics with my 19month on my shoulders (she loved it) and then whatever came along after that the one activity I never missed was water polo the teams were great ( big Dave , Welsh Dave , Dan , grant , Alex and many others everyday we asked for non contact but hey were men competition always ends up with contact when it comes to sports haha on my last day most of my team had gone home so I just had to chuck the golden girls in to make up the teams and boy did they play well infact you can't fault the girls they always made sure that the guests were entertained Kate,bex and coryce if you see this I want to thank you for being so amazing lol . I would like to visit there again next year if I get the chance. And would like to see some of the staff there again Ledi,tonia and arcid who made the effort to have conversation I promised Ledi that the next time we meet I would have him a bike race and beat his 1940's Honda all in all fantastic holiday kids loved it me and nat loved it must say tho for anyone staying in kalamaki in the future please do dine at yummies at least once nanna Barbra makes a bang on giros ( kabab) and also is a wonderful women great Ozzie bird always made us feel like family and also never had to ask for our order once as she has a great memory hahaha well I'm just babbling on now please do stay here you won't be disappointed
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A modern resort, the ideal place for those seeking after a relaxing holiday.Comfortable accomodation and friendly service should prove a winning from break. It's ideal for couples and families. The location of Golden Sun Hotel is one of its main assets: built just 150 meters from the sandy beach of Kalamaki, surrounded by evergreen trees and situated only 6 km from the island's town, it shall provide for a unique vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK) and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Golden Sun Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Sun And Beach Hotel
- Golden Sun Hotel Kalamaki, Zakynthos