All reviewshalford bridgestratford upon avonrelaxed atmospherelunch menufish and chipsburgerbusy roadstaff were attentiveexcellent foodthe publovely weekendnew managementnice courtyardwell worth a visithigh standardstaff could not have been morecharacter
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Stopped here hoping for a coffee on a lovely sunny morning drive down the Fosse Way. Sign by the car park indicated it was open.
Other than a few people sitting in the courtyard, the place was deserted. Waited in the bar expecting someone to arrive to serve us...........
We both used the facilities as we were waiting............
Eventually we decided to leave as there was such reticence about serving us.
As we walked out, we were approached by one of the party from the courtyard, who it would appear is a member of staff of the establishment.
We were told that it wasn't quite open, that yes the signs say it is open but they have the press in.......
I actually apologised for using the toilets as I had contravened their signage by using the toilet as a non-customer!!
Only to have a sotto voce "how rude" directed at us as we left .
I hope the press coverage accurately depicts the serving mentality.

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank JaneH2329
Reviewed 29 August 2017

This lovely old 18thC coaching inn on the Fosse Way is now under relatively new management. I recently arranged a visit for 14 people to three lovely Warwickshire churches. I had already visited the Halford Bridge Inn and met members of the Irvine family who now run it and arranged with them that my friends would have lunch there after our first Church. Since I had explained that we would be on a fairly tight time schedule they opened up early on the day so that we could call in and pre-order our lunches to save time later. When we returned at mid-day two tables had been set ready for us in the main restaurant and the food was served promptly. Everyone enjoyed their meals and the staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. I will certainly be happy to eat there again when in the area.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 August 2017

We stopped here yesterday on the way home from Milton Keynes. Somehow our Sat Nav took us through the cotswolds and we ended up here. The pub is situated on the main road through the village. The car park is opposite the entrance so you have to cross a busy main road.

Once inside, the bar is situated on the right and the restaurant is on the left. The bar is quite small so if you're eating it's better if you sit in the restaurant. There is a small selection of food available, but we think this is better. Mum had an omelette with fries, that came in a separate bowl. The little un forgave her usual sirloin steak and opted for the fish and chips and I opted for the Halford Burger, which is dipped in Horseradish sauce. We also ordered a portion of onion rings.

The food took about 20 minutes or so to arrive but when it came out it was lovely. The fish had a small pot of tartare sauce, which was nice and tangy. The omelette was ample in size and my burger was stacked and contained bacon and other meat as well as plenty of salad. The fries were chunky chips but they were in plentiful supply. When we asked for some ketchup the staff brought it out, not in a bottle, but on a ladel which seemed a nice idea. The onion rings were definitely not out of a packet and were firm and crunchy.

The food tasted very good. However, a word of warning. If you do order the Halford Burger it will come with a strong presence of Horseradish, so if you're the type who just wants a smidgen understand that the taste may feel overpowering. I enjoyed it, others may not. It seems that lots of places are doing burgers in large stacks these days, and trying to fit everyone in. There's no way you could put this in your mouth in one go so tackling it with a knife and fork is the only option. The little un left a little of her fish, only because she was full. The quality of the food was fine.

It will cost a little more than you're usual pub fayre, but then again you are in the countryside. We spent over £50 for the three of us which included 2 pints of diet coke. However, it was time well spent. If you're passing through the village on the way to Moreton in the Marsh or Stow on the Wold, drop in. We were glad we did.

Room Tip: We only ate here so can't assist further
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2017

As I was Passing through I stopped for dinner, the service was okay but the meal was great, very fresh and absolutely delicious.

Had the Monkfish with Pak Choi, really great and full of flavour.

Sat out in the courtyard which was bathed in sunshine and protected from the wind.

Room Tip: Eat in the courtyard on fine days
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 July 2017

Stopped here during a motorcycle ride for the first time, having been passed it many times before. It really is a wonderful place, with very friendly staff. The decor was very attractive and clean. Drinks were great and not over priced. Will stop again and happy to highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends