All reviews triple room shuttle service driver pleasure distance haram baron restaurants shrine iraq
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

The best place in iraq not just Karbala everything is the best wide room in area nice views the baron hotel is the best of the best hotel in iraq as all and the price is good just 100$ per night plus health club

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank 393osamaa
The Baron Karba... H, Social Media Strategist at The Baron, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2018

We appreciate your feedback, we wish to see you again soon.
Recreational facilities are free for all the guests that includes
1- Gym with state-of-the-art equipment
2- Indoor swimming pool
3- Sauna
4- Steam room

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel in a triple bed room and it was a pleasure. The staff was extremely polite and professional. The shuttle service runs almost 24hrs and it fairly solves the distance from shrine factor. Food was very good and caters for all factions.
I observed the personal involvement of senior management in routine acts. It gives a unique sense of care. I am sure Baron Hotel will be the most sought after hotel in karbala for times to come.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank rehan j

Thank you so much for the honest reviews, wish you a pleasant trip around the world

Reviewed 26 July 2017

This was my second time at this hotel. My first time was in September 2016 one night and this time also one night from Friday July 14th to July 15th in a triple room. I booked this time via the hotel reservation phone number. They told me the room fee is 240 USD, but it became $ 200 after discount, so if any one plan to book ask for discount :) . The room was still very good, the staff was still very polite and professional, but I was disappointed with the shuttle service. The driver dropped my family and I at the first checkpoint just like any taxi! While all other hotels go inside next to the shrine and even in my last trip on September the driver goes inside and drops us next to "Abbas's shrine". I ask the driver: "Why u did not go inside?" He told me most of the guest of the hotel got a misunderstanding because the dropping point is inside while they must go to to difrent place to find the hotel bus, especially the foreigners guest could not understand that it from the driver, I told him but I'm an Iraqi and I know this procedure, I booked this hotel especially for this service! Then the driver told me its Friday, he could not go inside on the weekend !! by the way its Friday but it was very hot weather and the road was not crowded. I do not want to argument with the driver but last time when I was thier in September another driver dropped us inside also on Friday, and I saw a few buses go inside and one of them belonged to "AL Huda Hotel", I read the sign to make sure its hotel bus not one of shrine buses.
The other thing that was disapointed me was the restaurants most of them r close only two are open "fast food" and the Iraqi one :(
The other thing had been changed was the "Moroccan Hamam" it used to be including with room charges but now it is not encoded :(
the last thing was the pool mot of the time for male only, female time from 12:30 to 5:30 only :(
I will be on next September in Karballa but I am not sure if I will chose it again

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Haneen,
We are very sorry for the inconvenience, we wish that wouldn't happen to you. Our shuttle service is 24/7 and it should drop you near the Holy Shrine of Hazrat Abbas as also our restaurants opens at 6:30 pm except the Samrah (Iraqi and Lebasnes cuisine) which is opened in afternoon for Lunch (You can order from the room service during this time). If you face any problems during your trip regarding shuttle service or food please feel free to report our Director Sales and Marketing +964 750 645 8372 Mr. Tufeyl Akber (Available on call and Whatsapp)

Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Baron on our recent visit.
The management and staff were extremely friendly & helpful and went out of their way to make our stay comfortable.
The hotel lives up to its 5 star standard, with its clean rooms and good food.
Our stay at the hotel was truly a great experience !
With special thanks to Mr. Dallas Marsden and Mr. Tufeyl Akber!

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sabiha Z

Thank you so much for the appreciation. We wish to see you again soon.

Reviewed 22 January 2017

First of all I will congratulate the manger and his staff for their wonderful job which they do to stratify their guests in the holy city of Karbala. From manger and reception staff to restaurant and shuttlebus driver. One of the reason that Shia Muslim think when they would like to visit Karbala is the security of the city and the Hotel. I arrived with my parents from The Netherlands via IRAN in The Baron and we didn´t feel one second unsecure! They Pick us up from Najaf airport and bring us to Karbala. We stayed 4 nights in triple room. The room was big enough with tea and coffee facilities. At day one there was a welcome drink and fruit basket in the room. Besides 3 bottle of water for free every day! The hotel has 8 restaurants which have the same price as Europe. We only have dinner in Lebanese restaurant which serve us very good meal. The breakfast was very good with many choices. The only think wat I miss was Nesspresso coffee. The hotel has a free shuttle bus to Imam Hussein Mosque which was very comfortable. The hotel also organized very good and trustful driver which bring us to Bagdad and Kdhmiya. At last the last day the same driver bring us to our hotel in Najaf. So we have a wonderful and save stay in the Baron and we will visit the Baron again ENSHALLAH!

Date of stay: January 2017