All reviews swimming pool beautiful hotel free wifi jacuzzi syrian spa security
Reviewed 7 September 2017

The room was really tidy and clean, as was the bathroom. Absolutely perfect.

The breakfast was pretty good and varied, and fills you up for the day.

The indoor swimming pool (granted, I went when it wasn't boiling outside but still) was ABSOLUTELY freezing, and they seemed a bit confused as to why I'd want to go swimming.. but let me, and did give towels after I'd asked. It's definitely a mixed pool so I didn't see the problem, and it was only me and my partner there, but still. So cold.

They also had 2 parrots in the room with the pool that were lovey and chatty. Very bizarre but kind of wonderful.

There is also a little spa with jacuzzi and hamam and sauna. It's small, but there was no one there when we went and it was great.

All in all, a really nice place to stay in Erbil.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Caitlin M
Reviewed 6 August 2017

Enjoyed a relaxing, professional massage in this beautiful hotel. You won't be disappointed. Its in a nice section of Ankawa and easy to walk to if you arent staying there. They have good, free WiFi. The food is good too and reasonably priced.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
6  Thank Bleucrayon
Reviewed 25 July 2017

I stayed for 2 nights, and had a training at ARH, the rooms were clean and new, general services are very good, food was very good too, as for the pool I did not like. I would recomend this hotel for business purposes rather than retrietes.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Ibrahim B
Reviewed 5 June 2017

Stopped here for lunch which was eaten by the pool. Excellent self service meal from a good selection of hot and cold dishes and sweets. All very tasty. Security was good. Toilets were clean, staff helpful.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed staying a few days at ankawa royal. Room was spacious with nicely appointed. Hotel guests can use the gym and jacuzzi plus Turkish bath for free. There's also a pool in the outdoor part of the restaurant which guests can use up til 4pm. Presumably they don't want scantily clad folks frolicking whilst guests are trying to have their dinner. Breakfast is good middle eastern buffet and depending on how the staff feel they might prepare an omelette for you. There a few small local eateries within walking distance of the hotel with very generous good value and tasty meals. We had dinner once at the hotel restaurant as we wanted a drink with dinner. Drinks got a little mixed up and my mojito was quite unique. We were told it was an oriental night. I guess it depends on how defines oriental as the menu was standard middle eastern fare. Quite nice. Had a couple of 'faulty tower' moments with staff in explaining things and dealing with a spillage. But staff were genuinely keen to help and we needed some laughs after the grim situation in other parts of Northern Iraq. Erbil is a nice peaceful and safe city. Let's hope peace returns to Iraq soon. The Iraqi people deserve so much better

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business