All reviews sushi piano bar duty free shop international standards the hotel staff indoor pool reception team i highly recommend this hotel main restaurant excellent staff an excellent hotel air conditioning nice stay special thanks top floor star hotel mr
Reviewed 21 December 2015

We stayed in the Divan for four nights and were blown away by the excellence of the security, the staff, and the amenities. One in particular, James, the concierge I believe, was exceptional. He helped us out numerous times with a roll away bed, various bathroom needs, and checking in and out. You could see his joy as he was serving and worked with selflessness. Out of the great food in the lounge, sushi grill, breakfast, the incredible first class gym and pool, and luxury of the rooms... It is astounding that he stood out as most memorable. Our entire group says thank you!

Room tip: Make sure to include all of your info. Adults, children, # of ppl in a room, etc
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Zach D
Divan E, Guest Relations Manager at Divan Erbil, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2015

Dear Mr Zach,

I Would like to take this opportunity to thank you very much for sharing your kind words about our Hotel.

I am very proud that Divan Erbil Hotel team has exceeded your expectations in the services and the team is greatly appreciated , many thanks for recommending us on TripAdvisor , we are pleased you did experience the warm hospitality transmitted by our employees.

Looking forward to welcome you back again in the nearest future.

Reviewed 18 December 2015

Let me stay by saying that this place is expensive. If you don't have money that you do not need laying around then do not go there.

The hotel is nice and so are the staff, if you need anything they will go way beyond their limits to get it for you. The rooms and everything else is just clean. The food is great and tasty.

The only downside of this place is that it is way too expensive. As mentioned before here it is made for the super rich who does not care about money. For the rest of us, the hotel is nice and you will smile during your whole stay but you'll have tears in your eyes thinking you will be broke after checkout.

Room tip: The higher up the better
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Tripadvisor. We are glad that you liked our services and food. We have noted your comments and this matter have been discussed with the managers concerned without unnecessary delay. We look forward to welcoming you once again and assure you of our best attention and services at all times.

Reviewed 17 December 2015

The hotel staff here is fantastic. The food is wonderful and the accommodations are absolutely luxurious. The hotel offers every amenity you might expect in one of Europe's classic palace hotels. The service is top drawer! Great atmosphere and nice decorations around Christmas.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear.Mr PaulN ,

Thank you very much for your very positive review and comments of your recent stay with us at Divan Hotel Erbil.

I am happy to read about your experience with our hotel facilities and services. It is very pleasing to read how much you have enjoyed your time with us.

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences on TripAdvisor and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 17 December 2015 via mobile

I stayed for business at Divan Hotel and thoroughly enjoyed the visit! The hotel is organized and clean, food is good and there are options if you don't want to venture out into Erbil at night. Front desk very friendly and efficient, concierge will help with absolutely everything... James in particular is superb!

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank DXBMichael

Dear Mr.Michael,

Reviewed 25 November 2015

It was not my first stay at the Divan in Erbil. But every single stay makes me feel like home. When you enter the lobby, the first thing you will see, are the smiling faces of Mr. Arshad ( by the way, the most competent shoe polisher and shoe repairman) or Mr. James. These guys know how to make your welcome perfect!
At the reception we enjoyed the very sympatic team of Miss Ola (actualy Viola) and Mr Faris. As it was not our first stay at the hotel, they where impressive briefed about our special wishes (prefered floor level, extra pillow, non smoking rooms...). And the check in process was done in a very short time - almost too fast, considering the charming reception team.
A special moment was made by the amicable Egyptian chef and his very sympatic team of the kitchen and the restaurant: we celebrated a birthday of one of my fellows and his team surprised us with a delicious chocolate cake with a personal decoration!
The quality of the fresh cooked food is absolut high standard and very international - everybody will find his favourite dish!
Again I enjoyed the stay at Divan and I'm already looking forward to my next stay!

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Divan E, Guest Relations Manager at Divan Erbil, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2015

Dear Mr Patric,

I am very proud that Divan Erbil Hotel team has exceeded your expectations in the services and the Front Office & Kitchen team is greatly appreciated , many thanks for recommending us on TripAdvisor , we are pleased you did experience the warm hospitality transmitted by our employees.

Looking forward to welcome you back again in the nearest future.