“A time to relax with a water view, a cool breeze and excellent Greek Souvlaki!”

Athenia Restaurant Bar
Ranked #2 of 28 Restaurants in Carrara
Price range: US$4 - US$33
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Authentic Greek Cuisine. Absolute Waterfront Dining on Emerald Lakes. Gold Coast's #1 Greek Restaurant.
Reviewed 22 March 2016

Thank you Lilly for looking after us. Athenia Restaurant is a charming Greek restaurant by Emerald Lake with surfers as your view in the distance. We started with the garlic mushrooms folded through a creamy sauce with bread. We then had the Chicken Souvlaki which was cooked so tender on a platter with a Greek salad and bread. Well done. Athenia is our "Go To Restaurant" to relax, drink wine and eat the very best food!

1  Thank Jayne10

Reviewed 12 March 2016

Dining with friends on a warm barmy night we had a beautiful night at this restaurant. The hosts are delightful and the service very good. Looking out onto the lake the food just kept on coming and exceptional it was. Probably one of the best Greek restaurants we've been to in a long while. Would definitely recommend if on the Gold Coast.

1  Thank SammyLamb
Reviewed 5 March 2016

A group of my colleagues and I went to Athenia on Friday for a farewell dinner for a couple of our colleagues who were leaving. I can't speak highly enough of the whole experience at this restaurant. Right from the beginning, the staff were very friendly and accomodating. The atmosphere and location is fabulous. The food is so delicious, loads of variety, freshly prepared...yummy! This was my first experience at Athenia and I will definitely be back. This is a local gem!

1  Thank Mary-Ann L
Reviewed 30 January 2016 via mobile

We found this restaurant through friends, and throughly enjoyed our experience dining Greek. The menu varied and there is lots to choose from. We found the meals fresh and tasty.
The restaurant is very pleasant to sit in with nice views over the lake. Service was attentive, and we will be returning.

1  Thank Melindald
Reviewed 21 January 2016 via mobile

I eat out regularly with business and family in Sydney, Gold Coast and Adelaide. And this place is outstanding!
Every time we come to the Gold Coast, we eat here.
My kids are 10, 7 & 6 and say it's their favourite restaurant (to the delight of the staff). I'd highly recommend it for families, couples and anyone who wants a great 'home cooked Greek' style meal. Amazing.
If you're gluten free, as my wife needs to be, it's friendly on that as well.
Take a walk along the beautiful boardwalk afterwards to walk off the dinner. So nice. Enjoy!

1  Thank Paul D