“Best Smashed Avocado on the Coast! ”
Review of Daark Espresso

Daark Espresso
Ranked #4 of 65 Restaurants in Labrador
Price range: US$4 - US$12
Reviewed 9 June 2016 via mobile

I've been waiting and waiting ever so patiently to go here(over a year). Whenever I suggested it, we turned up and the line was so long with only a few tables so we would always go somewhere else.
BUT!!!! I went there this morning and to my delight they have expanded! More tables, more room!!! Very pleased to walk in to that.
Coffee was nice and strong.
The winner was the Smashed avocado. It wasn't just spread on the amazing grainy bread (which blew my mind by the way) it was basically a whole avocado smashed up. On top was delicious feta and some kind of delightful seeds. Really was such a good breakfast. My husband ordered the chorizo croquettes which he said were delicious, but who cares about that the smashed Avo was the best. Knowing there's more room there now I'll be back all the time.
Top it off, service was GREAT.

Reviewed 2 June 2016 via mobile

I love this place, never had a bad meal or a bad coffee. Great little shop with a quaint outside deck.
Just be sure to book or expect a little wait as it is packed especially on weekends.

Reviewed 30 May 2016

My go to cafe .... the food is awesome, the coffee is sublime, throw in fantastic service and Daark never disappoints. It may take a little time for a table but it's well worth the wait!

Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

The best breakfast my wife and I have had on the Gold Coast in the four years we have lived here. We both had the chorizo and potato croquettes, presented with a pea and mint mash and sun dried tomatoes on a black slate plate. Delicious and beautiful presentation. I had the Tahitian lime iced tea (very refreshing) and my wife had a decaf cappuccino (the tastiest decaf she has ever had). The staff were professional, helpful and welcoming. We used to be regulars at Konc around the corner, but Konc has deteriorated significantly over the past year or so. We will be switching to Daark.

Reviewed 21 May 2016 via mobile

Great food and drink (the breakfast is delicious), dog friendly and the staff are awesome - always remembering your order and having a chat while you wait.