“AMAZING FOOD”
Review of Bam Bam Bakehouse

Bam Bam Bakehouse
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Mermaid Beach
Reviewed 24 August 2017

Absolutely amazing and delicious food! My absolutefave is the egg nasi best on the coast I believe and a very close second is the corn fritters. Dessert is tricky as all the baked goods are incredible! Very difficult to pick a favourite, I don't believe you can go wrong here! Love the eclairs, the little pots of goodness and sooo good but the chox bomb is probs the hardest to beat!

Reviewed 22 August 2017

We knew nothing about Bam Bam except the name, the same as one of my doglets, and it was on this basis alone that we sought it out. Parking proved to be tiresome but, oh, so worth the walk! And that's something coming from this reviewer, who'd just as soon drive from the bedroom to the kitchen! There was a bit of a wait for a table as the joint was packed, but that only heightened the expectation. The ordering process was a bit tedious, with a looooong queue at the counter and people not knowing what they wanted to order until they'd inspected everything on display, twice. And there's a LOT on display! At least we had the distraction of watching the pastry chefs ply their trade in the kitchen behind the counters. They truly are artists. We had the Bam Bam Benny (eggs Benedict), pain au chocolat, freshly squeezed orange juice, and coffee and were entirely satisfied. Everything was truly delicious, the wait staff were friendly, despite being run off their feet, and, once the orders were placed, service of the food was not far behind. It's nice also that there are bottles of fresh water standing in a cupboard by the counter to which you can help yourself.
We've been back to Bam Bam's several times over a period of months and, much to my surprise, the young waitress who served us on our first visit, remembers us and greets us personally. Given the huge numbers of people who patronise this restaurant, I find this truly extraordinary. We'll certainly be back there every time we're down on the Gold Coast.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Gorgeous breakfast, brunch or lunch spot.  The artisan pastries are hand crafted and ridiculous - and by that I mean it's ridiculous to have to choose only one!  Go there hungry because you need to try a few!   Everything is visually spectacular and you will need to post at least one photo to Insta while here.  It always seems busy but we have been here a few times and always managed to get a table.  Can be a bit chilly as it is all open so it's worth taking a jacket on a cooler day (yes we do have the odd one).  Car parks are available underneath the building - not many right outside unfortunately.   Available on Uber Eats now too.

Husband FE (Fussy Eater): HFE has a sweet tooth so of course enjoys this spot.  he hasn't met a pastry here he didn't like.  This visit the Croissant french toast won the day though.  8/10

15yr old VFE (Very Fussy Eater):  VFE has an extremely sweet tooth so you don't have to ask him twice if he wants to go here!   The eclair was incredible but the caramelised white chocolate choux bomb was the BOMB!   9/10

Me FOF (Finder of Food):  Well I am not as much of a sweet tooth although I will admit to pinching some of VFE's Bomb!  That filling mmmmm.  The sweet potato fries were amazing and the BLT was really good too - lots of salad just how I like it.  8/10

Value:  Good value - not cheap for what are basically bakery items but they are pretty special and you are definitely full when you leave.

Service: Good staff - you do have to line up to order and this can sometimes take a while and then you have to order drinks at the bar separately.

Verdict:  Hipster decor, good service, and unique, yummy pastries.  Worth a visit.

Scottaeat!

Reviewed 20 August 2017

I have been following these guys on Instagram for ages and finally got there today for breakfast. It was a little bit tricky to find tucked around the side of a building. It was very busy when we got there and we had to wait a bit to be seated which was fine. We were not impressed with the coffee it wasn't that great and was only lukewarm when we got it. I ordered the corn fritters they were quite nice but I didn't get the chipotle creme that was supposed to come with it, I think that the creme would have been a tasty addition to the dish but for some reason it wasn't on the plate. My daughter loved her violet avocado toast. For some reason they missed my husbands breakfast but were very good at getting it to him as soon as possible, he said the flavour was nice but it wasn't hot. We also bought some pastries and they were the best thing that we ate from there. The white chocolate bomb was amazing and my son liked this Nutella cruffin.
All in all we decided that we wouldn't return for breakfast or the coffee but the pastries would be worth going back for.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Just go there and experience their food (breakfast) and you'll leave with a smile on your dial!!!! The house baked croissants were so, so delish too!!!