“Great seafood and cocktails”
Review of Saks - CLOSED

Saks
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Saks is situated overlooking the broad water at Marina Mirage with unforgettable views, amazing service and gourmet food, Whatever the occasion, Saks Restaurant and Bar is bound to impress, and with seating of upto 250, dining bar, Island bar and lounge area we are the perfect venue to hold any function or corporate event.Come in early and start the night off with some of our renowned tapas and a few of our glamorous cocktails from our internationally acclaimed head bartender. Then kick on from 9:30pm with tunes all night long!! Ladies receive 25% off their meals when booked in advance to make a booking for this friday.Live at Saks restaurant and bar tonight is Australia's only cafe del mar recording artist Mark Watson laying down the smoothest tunes for you all night long.. Come in and experience the electric atmosphere Mark Watson creates on our roland V Baby Grand piano!!
Reviewed 2 September 2014

The staff were amazing, and the waterfront view perfect. We ate there for a ladies lunch and at night it a busy bar as well as restaurant

Reviewed 28 August 2014

This restaurant was a lovely place to have a drink and watch the sun set over the marina, we especially loved the garlic prawns and vegetable kebabs, paired with a lovely glass of wine, this was a nice way finish our busy day.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

I personally never saw the appeal of Saks. Even in it's so called hey day I always thought it was overpriced, overrated and over appreciated.

It is an OK place for a Sunday arvo drink by the marina. I have not tried the food. Because it was not my favourite place I have never committed to a meal (which I see as a good thing as this week's paper revealed they have been busted for cockroaches in the kitchen).

Hit it up for a casual drink if that is all you are after, but then again there are plenty of other choices along the marina for beautiful food and wine.

1  Thank Felicity_19791
Reviewed 14 August 2014

As a Main beach local for many years I had not been to this Restaurant so we decided to try. Not being busy didn't expect food to take a very long time, but that was ok we weren't in a rush. Hate to see how long it would take on a weekend. My wife's wine took way to long to come, and had to ask for it again.Food was very nice,and it's a pleasant spot. What was very disappointing though is we used our entertainment book voucher, and attitude from waiter was incredibly rude. Why be a part of this promotion if you are going to reluctantly accept and then frown upon us using it.
You can only use the voucher once, and I would of thought a restaurant would use this opportunity to get us back.
We use the entertainment offers to try local restaurants then ones we like we frequently visit, paying full price.
There are too many options out there to treat customers this way.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We came here last weekend
We had a booking for 5 for dinner and drinks.
We arrived about 10 min early and were told our table was getting made up now
And to please wait at the bar.
Going through the cocktail menu having a few laughs
Feeling a bit hungry
I pulled the young girl aside and asked her how long untill we can sit at out table ,
She replied ummmmmmm
Wellll not for a bit we have no tables available u should have made an appointment
By this time we have already been waiting for 1hour and 20minuits.
After getting told this even tho we had an appointment for a table I was a bit in happy by the time we sat for dinner it was 8;40pm .
We all order our food and a bottle of Moët ice straight away it was served in Moët flute glasses and came with cherries and strawberrys
It did not come in the nice big glass like it's meant to be served when we bought out normal big white wine glasses they had lipstick on it
It was a disaster
Then we asked for the lychee and mint leaves as they are ment to come with the ice bucket.
We hadn't bairly finished dinner and the place turned it's lights down and seemed to turn into a nightclub
Wasn't a nice Experience