“Alright for a Sunday arvo drink”
Review of Saks - CLOSED

Saks
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Saks is situated overlooking the broad water at Marina Mirage with unforgettable views, amazing service and gourmet food, Whatever the occasion, Saks Restaurant and Bar is bound to impress, and with seating of upto 250, dining bar, Island bar and lounge area we are the perfect venue to hold any function or corporate event.Come in early and start the night off with some of our renowned tapas and a few of our glamorous cocktails from our internationally acclaimed head bartender. Then kick on from 9:30pm with tunes all night long!! Ladies receive 25% off their meals when booked in advance to make a booking for this friday.Live at Saks restaurant and bar tonight is Australia's only cafe del mar recording artist Mark Watson laying down the smoothest tunes for you all night long.. Come in and experience the electric atmosphere Mark Watson creates on our roland V Baby Grand piano!!
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I personally never saw the appeal of Saks. Even in it's so called hey day I always thought it was overpriced, overrated and over appreciated.

It is an OK place for a Sunday arvo drink by the marina. I have not tried the food. Because it was not my favourite place I have never committed to a meal (which I see as a good thing as this week's paper revealed they have been busted for cockroaches in the kitchen).

Hit it up for a casual drink if that is all you are after, but then again there are plenty of other choices along the marina for beautiful food and wine.

Date of visit: February 2014
1  Thank Felicity_19791

Reviewed 14 August 2014

As a Main beach local for many years I had not been to this Restaurant so we decided to try. Not being busy didn't expect food to take a very long time, but that was ok we weren't in a rush. Hate to see how long it would take on a weekend. My wife's wine took way to long to come, and had to ask for it again.Food was very nice,and it's a pleasant spot. What was very disappointing though is we used our entertainment book voucher, and attitude from waiter was incredibly rude. Why be a part of this promotion if you are going to reluctantly accept and then frown upon us using it.
You can only use the voucher once, and I would of thought a restaurant would use this opportunity to get us back.
We use the entertainment offers to try local restaurants then ones we like we frequently visit, paying full price.
There are too many options out there to treat customers this way.

Date of visit: August 2014
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We came here last weekend
We had a booking for 5 for dinner and drinks.
We arrived about 10 min early and were told our table was getting made up now
And to please wait at the bar.
Going through the cocktail menu having a few laughs
Feeling a bit hungry
I pulled the young girl aside and asked her how long untill we can sit at out table ,
She replied ummmmmmm
Wellll not for a bit we have no tables available u should have made an appointment
By this time we have already been waiting for 1hour and 20minuits.
After getting told this even tho we had an appointment for a table I was a bit in happy by the time we sat for dinner it was 8;40pm .
We all order our food and a bottle of Moët ice straight away it was served in Moët flute glasses and came with cherries and strawberrys
It did not come in the nice big glass like it's meant to be served when we bought out normal big white wine glasses they had lipstick on it
It was a disaster
Then we asked for the lychee and mint leaves as they are ment to come with the ice bucket.
We hadn't bairly finished dinner and the place turned it's lights down and seemed to turn into a nightclub
Wasn't a nice Experience

Date of visit: August 2014
1  Thank emilybaxterharvey
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The portions are huge and food is good. Probably the best combo would be to order an entree and a dessert because the entrees are main size. I ordered the balmain bugs and literally got a pile of about 8 of them on a plate.

Date of visit: July 2014
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I love this place and would give it 5 starts however on two occasions we have called to make a reservation only to arrive on a busy friday or saturday and for them to have lost our booking, they always fit us in somewhere but still this should not happen especially twice - it can be very difficult to even have the phone answered during normal business hours to try and make a reservation.

However the food is always great! Always cooked well, never had any things to complain about with it and it is great that you can eat it overlooking the water, either inside or out. Not overpriced either which is nice! The wait staff are always friendly and pretty helpful.

They have an awesome lounge area upstairs by the bar, which we always enjoy hanging out at after dinner and having a few cocktails. There is always people of ALL ages out enjoying themselves not just the young ones. They have a dance floor set up sometimes too and a DJ which is a really great idea, means you don't just have to go home after dinner you can stay longer an have a drink and enjoy yourself.

Love this place, the location and food, just please sort out your reservation system or something as I see this happens to a few other people too.

Date of visit: January 2014