“Never Never Again........”

Ranked #10 of 78 Restaurants in Main Beach
Price range: US$9 - US$33
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Ristorante Fellini is an internationally acclaimed Italian restaurant which has won more than 100 industry accolades since its conception at Marina Mirage 19 years ago. Well-known for its exemplarily service and picturesque location, showcasing sweeping views across the Broadwater, Ristorante Fellini offers guests modern Italian cuisine backed by generations of traditional family cooking. Fellini's season-inspired menu draws upon influences from varying Italian regions, with a strong focus on Neapolitan and Tuscan cuisines. The multi-award winning restaurant also presents a comprehensive wine list which features more than 600 labels from Australia, France and Italy.
Reviewed 9 July 2018

This was my recent experience and the restaurant's response to me.

I dined there for lunch yesterday with a group of girlfriends for a celebratory lunch. We could not have been more disappointed. This is a brief rundown on events of the day. Firstly, the service was poor, they acted totally disinterested in us. We ordered a bottle of Prosecco to start, and we were in discussions as to order another bottle or wine, when the waiter appeared with another bottle already opened (which we had not asked him for) - he just assumed after listening to our conversation. He did offer to take it back but as it was already opened, we agreed to have it. Then the bottle of wine that we ordered was unavailable, so he said he would get something similar. He failed to inform us that his choice was almost double the price of the one we chose. I brought this to his attention when we got the bill saying that was not the right thing to do but he just basically shrugged and said sorry, nothing else. The meals were very average. Those who chose the fish enjoyed it but the pasta dishes were very underwhelming. The duck ragout not only looked very bland and unappealing was very tasteless. We were looking forward to a long lunch and would have been happy to sit and have a few more drinks and food but staff didn't seem to care and after the poor meals really saw no reason to stay. Disappointing as I work for a large hotel corporation and would have expected a much higher and friendlier service than what we received. We actually chose your restaurant over Glass as some of the guests had been to Glass and wanted to try Fellini's but in hindsight wished we have chosen elsewhere. I don't often give bad reviews as I know and appreciate that the restaurant and hospitality industry is a "hard gig" but to be honest you guys really need to step up the standard of service. Could not recommend unfortunately. The view was lovely however.

Hi Jennifer
Firstly thank you for your comments and opinions regarding your recent visit to our restaurant the other day.
We take exceptional pride in the service that we provide to our clientele, and as you also work within the hospitality section, you would be aware of the many different needs that each person or group requires.
There is a fine line between good service and great service, and then as you say, bad service. All our wait staff endeavour to anticipate our guests’ needs in advance to make their experience that much better.
However on your occasion, as you state, that was not the case. If a mistake was made in the process of understanding the conversation at the table and the wine offered to you was happily accepted by you or your group despite being given the opportunity to return it, then we fail to understand why a comment has been made for disappointing service.
We have protocols that we follow when the service of wine is undertaken. As with any sales of any product, stocks are exhausted at given points, especially the popular brands or varieties.
The wine in question, as always, is taken to the table unopened and displayed to the customer for approval. Never is the wine opened or delivered to a customer before approval is given by the customer as to the name, type of wine and vintage of the wine.
People dine out everywhere in the world and can have a fantastic meal one day with good company and good friends or family, return to the same location, order the same food with different guests in a different frame of mind and have a totally different experience.
I am happy that you enjoyed the majority of your meals. We cook for many people the way we like the food to be cooked. However, the taste and look of the food does not appeal to everyone, and some we just cannot please.
As you must be aware of from your experience within a hotel corporation, we receive far more compliments of our food and service than we do unfavourable ones.
Again thank you for your comments and we will take on board what you have mentioned.
Fellini Management

4  Thank Jennifer E

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

Four of us had lunch at Fellini and it was perfect
The weather was perfect the winter sun shone through the windows and warmed the whole place
The waiter was very attentive and efficient
I was surprised to see a quality NZ sac Blanc priced under $40
We had beautiful warm bread with olive oil garlic etc
The mains were outstanding with everyone complimenting the chef
I can really recommend the rabbit and I will return to once again treat myself to this dish
Next time I hope the West Australian sardines are on the menu

Reviewed 7 June 2018

We booked far ahead as it was our anniversary, when arriving the restaurant was closed due to a private function- a quick phone call and the sign was taken down and we were allowed in. Great table by the window with beautiful views. The decor is outdated however the ambience was still great.
We decided to have an entree, main and dessert each. The serving sizes were excellent. We also shared the bruschetta which surprised us as being the highlight of our meals.
The Entree and the Dessert were much better than the mains which lacked flavour, my husband had the spinach and ricotta ravioli and I had the mixed seafood pasta. Tasted very bland with no real sauce on the pasta dish.
The dessert was lovely, my husbands gelato was wonderful, my panna cotta creamy and with the perfect wobble.
Would we go again? Probably to see if it improves next time, however for a meal that cost us approximately $200 we expected a little more.
The wine list is extensive and our Cab Merlot was delicious.
The service was excellent and the team worked seamlessly with one another. We will go back to Omeros Brothers which is downstairs next time we are out that way and try Fellini a little later in the year.

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Fantastic food
Delicious pasta, lamb rack and golden snapper all recommended.
Our waiter had a great sense of humor and we had fun bantering with him.
Staff were extremely polite and obliging.
Will visit again when next at the Gold Coast.

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

Went there with husband. Hubby ordered beef tenderloin and I ordered lobster tail pasta, absolutely loved them. Staff were very attentive and friendly with. And you've got the greatest view of Marina Mirage. We had a Beautiful night there in Fellini. Thank you.