Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast(Main Beach)(Great Value!)
US$191
US$172
Sheraton.com
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$242/night.

Norfolk Luxury Beachfront Apartments(Main Beach)(Great Value!)
US$319
  • Pool
The Crest Apartments(Main Beach)(Great Value!)
US$218
US$196
Xanadu Holiday Resort(Main Beach)(Great Value!)
US$377
US$318
Travelocity
Sea World Resort(Main Beach)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$108
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$158/night.

Chidori Court(Main Beach)(Great Value!)
US$217
Trip.com
  • Pool
Maldives Resort(Main Beach)(Great Value!)
US$217
US$145
Priceline
  • Pool
Waterford on Main Beach(Main Beach)(Great Value!)
TripAdvisor
2,221 results
All reviewshigh teail baroccole jardinsuperior suitevie restaurantlagoon suiteoil burnerthe gold coastbeautiful hotelspecial occasionturn down servicepool areabuffet breakfastspa bathpool stafflittle thingsmarina mirage
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Check in was smooth and friendly. However, to my disappointment there was no welcome drink. It was my birthday and my husband had previously emailed about it. We got upgraded and I got a versace cupcake delivered to the room and a lovely birthday letter, which were really nice touches! The hotel was what you would expect, very extravagant in that 90’s Versace way. Absolutely everything was Versace themed! Yes, it is dated and could do with a refresh but this old classic style didn’t actually bother me at all, it aged well.

We were in a lagoon view room, overlooking the pool. It was clean, very spacious, with a comfy bed, cute Juliette balcony, big bathroom with a big spa bath and pretty much everything you get in a hotel room but all very Versace (loved the toiletries!). One huge downer for me though was no coffee machine in the room.

The pool was quite inviting. We were there on a Thursday and Friday and the pool was not overcrowded. Saturday and Sunday were significantly busier. The paid cabanas (the ones by the family area are first come, first served) were all empty and we got sun beds without any problem on all days. On the quiet Thursday, after a guy sat in one of those cabanas for a while and left, the staff came around with ‘reserved’ signs for each cabana but still nobody was willing to pay for tired looking cabanas with mouldy and ripped mattresses. The prices start at AU$300...on Saturday though, people were indeed paying for them.

We thought the food poolside was not totally overpriced (except for a 500 ml bottle of sparkling water at $8) for a hotel but it’s pretty average too. Service is as reviewers have said here, you need to actually go find waiters and they disappear from time to time and it can take a while for your orders to arrive. Its all young people just doing their day jobs without much enthusiasm. All in all, it was all fine really, just nothing special or memorable and definitely not a 6 star experience.

My birthday dinner was at Vanitas and that was an amazing experience. The staff were so friendly and professional (we were always checked upon, the drinks often poured...)the food was delicious and so beautifully presented and again, I loved the Versace everything! It was quite reasonably priced too. I had a request for a dish from their other restaurant and they arranged for me to have it at Vanitas. Would definitely go come back to dine there and really recommend it. I actually could believe I was in Italy when dining there!

We were on a room only rate and decided against the breakfast buffet but had the a la carte breakfast at Vanitas (available Sundays only). The day before, we asked if we had to make a reservation and they said to just turn up, opens from 8-11 (also as described on the Vanitas paper we got given at check in). We turned up at 8:30 and the doors were locked. Went to ask reception and the staff member wasn’t aware that they did breakfast there at all. Back to the restaurant, tried to open the door and the waiter came you saying they were opening soon. Super odd but very Italian of them haha. The food and service were really good. Just the coffee priced at $8.90 was totally outrageous.

The turndown service was lovely, with a oil burner candle lit and chocolates provided. All the staff we came across were friendly and very pleasant! The gym is quite decent too.

Just as a side note, we got a fantastic deal on the room rate and I would probably be reviewing in a different light if we had paid the average $700 pn.

But would definitely go back! It’s an oasis in the middle of the Gold Coast. Every time we left the hotel, we were so happy to be back.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Hari_Varier, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for a wonderful review.

We appreciate your compliments for the hotel and facilities and thank you for a special mention of our amazing staff.

We have also noted the comment on breakfast and coffee machine and have shared with the team to review further.

Once again thank you for staying with us, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

The Palazzo Versace on the gold coast promised to be a special luxury holiday rest spot for us. The hotel is in desperate need of make over. Its better days are behind it.
One could sense it was once very special but those times are well behind the facility. Service from staff in the eating and bar areas was of a high standard but the reception desk was under staffed. We were not given the room type we requested which was rectified within 2 hrs of us settling in to our first room looking at a carpark.
The guys at the door were very good to us.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank thunderbird1964

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us.
We value your comments and have shared with the team to review further.

The hotel has indeed aged beautifully, the 17 years on the Coast has added culture and history to this magnificent hotel.

We are committed to enhancing our guest's experience, hence i am pleased to share we have planned refurbishments at the hotel in the coming months.

On a brighter note we are glad our service staff has left a positive impression on you.

Thank you again for staying with us, we hope you will return and allow us the opportunity to rebuild your trust in the brand.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

We stayed her for a couple of nights to celebrate my husband's special birthday. I rang the hotel prior to arrival to advise them of his birthday and his name.

When we arrived, we were promptly provided the room keys with no instructions or advice on the amenities or services the hotel provides. We thought this to be extremely odd, but accepted the keys and found our way to our room.

I was dissatisfied with the room as the window was overlooking the main street and extremely noisy. I made my way back to reception and advised the receptionist Luh of this. Luh suggested that if we didn't like the room, then we could upgrade for an additional $100 a night - we were staying 3 nights!! The hotel was not busy and very quiet, so you would think that it would be a formality that a quieter room would be found for us, and not at an additional cost!! Bearing in mind that we had only just arrived and checked in, and were subjected to such rude and impolite behavior from the front office staff; I did not feel welcome at this hotel.

I felt like leaving the hotel, however we had already settled the account upfront and it was my husband's birthday the following day.

I was prepared to give the hotel another chance to see if anything special would be done for my husband on his birthday the next day, however the disappointments just kept flowing. Absolutely nothing! I cancelled dinner at the in-house restaurant IL Barocco in disgust and instead we ate at a nearby restaurant called Omeros which was lovely.

The following day we went across to the Sheraton Grand Mirage to book for dinner and were welcomed with a warm smile and professionalism, something we expect from all 5 star establishments. The staff on the front desk were warm and gracious - we felt so much more comfortable and appreciated.

Whilst the entrance at Palazzo Versace is stunning with a very expensive chandelier and beautiful tiled floor, the rooms are very dated and it felt like staying at a museum. The Versace products in the room - shampoo, conditioner, body balm and wash are all made in China! I am not joking - all products have a made in China sticker on them - definitely not luxurious or opulent!

On a positive note, the concierge team at the door and cleaning staff were amazing - they greeted us with a smile which made a HUGE difference to what was an abysmal experience!

Upon checking out, I encountered Luh again and she asked how my stay was - I replied to her honestly and said it was not good. She shrug her shoulders and continued to process the paperwork! I am seriously wondering if the staff have had any training in customer service or hospitality?

I will not return to this hotel and will not recommend it to my friends! I am a corporate customer and will be sure to let others know of my experience.

Room Tip: do not stay in a room facing the street - very noisy
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sapphire_1_12
Hari_Varier, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Thank you for your review.

At Palazzo Versace we take pride in meeting high expectations of our guests and I am truly sorry your stay was less than satisfactory with us.

We understand the Superior room did not meet your expectations. I would like to assure it is quite a popular category. We also offer Lagoon rooms & suites facing the pool and I strongly feel this may have suited your taste more.

We value your feedback about our customer service and have shared with the team to ensure service delivered is of the highest standards at all levels. Please may i assure you it was not our intention to disappoint you.

Thank you for your compliments for our concierge and housekeeping team, we are delighted we were able to leave a positive impression in these areas.

Thank you again for staying with us, we wish for you to return and allow us the opportunity to rebuild your trust in the brand.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

We stayed here for 3 nights on a Luxury Escapes package. Firstly we couldn't get a park in the hotel and were told to park next door in the shopping centre???? Parking was included in the booking and I don't expect that this callibre of hotel would advise a guest to park in a shopping centre? Many times throughout our stay we could not get parking in the hotel. Next was check-in which was good, however, the inclusions in our package were not explained properly to us. Looking up at the gorgeous chandelier in the Lobby I was distracted by approx. 10 x 15+cm wide black round marks which looked like mould from water leakage. On the way to our room I noticed the hallway carpets were dirty with pieces of cotton, sandy footprints and other debris and they remained that way for the duration of our stay. In fact my husband and I were having bets on how long a particular piece of cotton (10cm thick and white) would remain on the floor. Restaurants and Food - We had lunch included in our package and we both had different dishes that were bland and the fish was overcooked. The breakfasts were good and the crowds were handled well and the staff were friendly and efficient. The seafood buffet was the most amazing experience - especially the desserts and lollies. Beautifully displayed and plentiful. The pool - too small for the number of people staying there and was often crowded with nowhere to sit. Poorly designed for the number of people and standard of hotel. The Lobby Bar - the man who appeared to run this bar was rather stuffy and looked down his nose at me. I was well dressed and presented, I was polite and friendly but obviously not the TYPE of person they prefer. Not sure if anyone else on the Luxury Escapes felt this but I felt a bit like a poor cousin sometimes. I loved the room and the bath was amazing. Housekeeping were good and the room was always clean. I loved the Versace glasses and the décor and soft furnishings. The toiletries e.g. shampoo/conditioner and shower gel smelt awful. Overall, I believe this could be another hotel suffering from the need of a cash injection and perhaps staff that are under-resourced/funded in the cleaning and maintenance areas.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sue S

Dear Sue,

Thank you for your review.

We are truly disappointed to hear of your less than satisfactory stay with us.
Please may i assure you we value your feedback as it is essential in our efforts to improve on our facilities and services.

On a brighter note we are glad the seafood buffet, room, housekeeping and the decor met your expectations.

We appreciate your observation of the ageing of the hotel, I am also pleased to share that we have planned developments at the hotel to enhance your experience.

Thank you again for staying with us, we hope you will return and allows us the opportunity to rebuild your trust in the brand.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

We booked this hotel through a luxury escapes deal and were really looking forward to staying here. In the first 24 we had been in 3 rooms - the first too noisy, the second had a blocked toilet and air conditioning didn't work and the third provided an outlook to the shopping centre restaurants where everyone could look straight into our room. The decor was dated and old and signs of wear and tear could be seen throughout the hotel. If we wanted to use the cabanas by the pool it was an extra cost (way too costly for us). The majority of staff were friendly but toiletries were not replaced in our room after we had used them (make up remover pads, soap, etc). This was a very disappointing stay over three nights and I'm not sure I would return in the near future unless they had a major makeover.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the road or the Marina Mirage.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cherelle66
Hari_Varier, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Thank you for your review.

It is disappointing to hear that your stay was less than satisfactory with us.

We value your feedback and have shared with the team to review further.

Thank you for your observation of the ageing of the hotel. I am pleased to share we have planned developments hotel to enhance your experience.

Thank you again for staying with us, we hope you would return and allow us the opportunity to rebuild your trust in the brand.