All reviewspool barfree baramazing holidayclub repsgirls holidayrooms are basicevery nightall you can drinkbad reviewsdrinking gamesbest friendgroup of friendswhole weekbar staffsee you next yearpay eurosminute walk to the strip
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Very friendly staff and very clean. Food was good and available all day although service could be slow. Our air conditioning didn't work till the 4th day as our door was broken but it was fixed. Clothes were stolen off our balcony but can't say we can blame the hotel for that. The dark walk from the strip to our apartment wasn't ideal. Overall good experience and would recommend.

1  Thank Emma M
Reviewed 29 July 2017

I feel its such a shame to have to write a slightly negative review about Mon Repo as for the majority of the holiday I thoroughly enjoyed staying here. However, unfortunately previous reviews I had read about this hotel proved to be true.

I want to make clear that the food, atmosphere, rooms (although slightly basic which was expected) and staff, especially Anna and Sakis were brilliant. Upon arrival we were very impressed, with Sakis giving us tips and warnings about what to expect on a night out which was very helpful. The food was decent and prices were reasonable, as well as the atmosphere around the pool being very fun and lively which was expected on this type of holiday.

However, when we arrived at the hotel we had to hand over a 65 euro deposit per room which we were expecting although we didn't think it would be this much. We were ensured by the staff that we would get all of this deposit back and it would only be taken from us if we had caused extreme damage to the room. The staff did not state that if you used the safe in the room they would take 15 euros from your deposit and as a result we lost this 15 euros straight away when they handed us the safe key. Air conditioning was an extra 50 euros which means in total we lost 115 euros between us within the first hour of being at the hotel which was not expected.

Secondly, when checking out of the hotel we were expecting at least 50 euros back from our original deposit. However, one of the hotel owners checked our room and insisted that we had stained all 3 bed sheets and the towels we had used and that we owed them 50 euros to cover the cost of replacing the items. We had already read previous reviews about how the hotel owners are very picky about bed sheets etc so we had been extra careful and even bought old t shirts to cover our pillows to make sure nothing stained them, but still got charged even though the items were not dirty/stained.

Lastly the last main point I want to briefly mention is the distance from the annex which I stayed in to the main hotel, it was a roughly a 5 minute walk which we were quite upset about as we were not told about this. In addition, despite booking as a party 5, we were placed in separate blocks which was disappointing especially as we were charged 20 euros every time we went into each others rooms! This meant that despite all staying at the same hotel, we were very much separated and if we wanted to spend time as a group, we had to go all the way down to the pool area which was not ideal.

Altogether, we left the hotel disappointed and frustrated as we had such a good week staying at Mon Repo but the extra costs slightly ruined our experience. I would be put off staying here again due to these additional costs which we were unaware of and I do not think that the hotel was worth this money.

However saying all of this, I couldn't fault the club 18-30 reps Lauren and Francis who were great fun and despite my complaints, the hotel staff were very friendly, approachable and welcoming. I would like to thank the staff for their service throughout the week.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank JenniSheridan
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Seems such a shame to have to write such a negative review as it was a great holiday up until around half an hour before checking out.
Before going to Mon Repos ourselves, I'd read several bad reviews about people getting charged unnecessary fines, however didn't pay much attention.
When staying at these apartments, not one of me or my 9 friends got our 50 Euro (per person) deposit back, due to inadequate reasons.
The reasons we were given were that we left the bed sheets/towels dirty. However there was only a few dots of eyeshadow left on the bed sheets (if that) and of course a towel is going to become dirty if you're using it to clean yourself with? Surely these things could've been put in the washing machine instead of unnecessarily charging young girls for things they can't afford.
Another thing they charged us for was small amounts of paint on the bed sheets from the paint party. I am aware that the paint used at paint parties is purposely made so that it will wash out of your clothing.. can't see why it'd be any different for bed sheets?
Additionally, it was wrongly recorded that me and my 2 room mates requested to use a safe, requiring a safe key. We 100% did not request a safe key on the day of arriving and were 100% not given one, however the manager insisted that we had 'lost' it and charged us an additional €50 fine onto our room, refusing to give me my passport back until we paid the fine - again, something we can't afford.
I am also aware that the boys who were staying at the apartments at the same time as us were charged €150 for damage that was already there before they arrived.
Overall, throughout the week the staff were friendly and helpful and the pool area had a great atmosphere, however at the end of the holiday I think it became clear that the reviews about people getting charged unnecessarily for fines were in fact true and unfortunately it really ruined my opinion of the apartments.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

My two friends and I came here for our first holiday, and we were very pleased.

After reading some of the bad reviews I was apprehensive about the facilities and manager, but upon arrival my apprehension was lifted; the facilities were good enough for what we wanted (wash and sleep), and the manager, Saki, was incredibly nice and helpful throughout the week.

All in all, it was a good week; easy to get to the strip, good night life, and close to the magnificent place that is BJ's.

1  Thank C4llumW_1998
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Wow! Where to start? Sakis, Anna, Nikos, Chloe and Connor, and the reps (Francis and Lauren) were all amazing. They made you feel so welcome, in a lovely homely environment. I just couldn't fault it! It was so much more than we expected for an EXTREMELY Reasonable price!

Upon arrival, one of the reps (Lauren) met us when the coach dropped us of. First impressions of the hotel were amazing, better than our expectations! She took us to the bar where Sakis gave us our welcome introduction. Here is where Sakis gave us great tips for the week, which I am so thankful for, and without that I could have defiantly seen the week going t*ts up. So 100% listen to what Sakis has to say.

Then we were taken to the room by Lauren and introduced, talked about the charges if you make a mess in the room and then booked some events with her.

One note I have to say is they will charge you if you mess on there bed sheets, so I bought a £4 one from Wilko's and took it with me, then threw it away after leaving the hotel. Saves you the fine and saves Sakis/Anna the hassle.

Anyway we were left to do our own thing which was great, we walked around and got to know the place. The beach is amazing about a 10 minute walk from the hotel, and bonus we got to swim with turtles, without going on the turtle sightseeing trip! We then lounged around the pool which has loads of sunbeds and a really good sized pool. The area was spotless, no mess anywhere and if there was the cute little grounds man/waiter would quickly come and sort it out).

At the evening you meet the reps and fellow travellers from your hotel at the bar for pre drinks before the event. I have to say I do think the pre drinks were hands down better than the events. €10 for unlimited cocktails/spirits/beer for the hour is amazing. And they are not stingey, they genuinely make you drink fast to get drunk quicker. Another bonus was the laughing gas, (if you want to do a balloon, lie down on the floor with your head hanging of a ledge and hold your nose while inhaling the gas, you get your money's worth and a great buzz ;))

We didn't really eat much for the whole holiday, mostly just crisps, but when we did eat we only ate at Mon Repo, good was good tastes nice, cooked well, and at a really good price! They do lots of offers which include an alcoholic drink which is great if you are into Day drinking.

At the end of the holiday, Anna checked the room for any damage, there was 1 mark on a pillow case from a stamp we got from one of the events, but because Anna loved us she let us off, but we wouldn't have minded paying as €7 isn't bad for ruining a pillow case.

Basically, take into consideration that if you ruin/damage something you pay for a replacement/for it to be fixed. Simple really.

We had the best holiday and I couldn't have asked for a better hotel! If I was to visit Zante again I would definitely stay here!!!

Definitely made some friends for life here, thank you so much for having us Anna and Sakis.

All the best, Jessss and Abbeeeey x