“Fantastic day out”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cool Runnings

Cool Runnings
Ranked #1 of 8 Tours in Caleta de Fuste
More attraction details
Owner description: Guided Trike excursions on Fuerteventura. Either drive yourself or take a chauffeur driven tour around our beautiful island. Read our reviews on Tripadvisor and then contact us either by phone or email to book your trip of a lifetime!
Scotland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Fantastic day out”
Reviewed 2 March 2012

The people who own the business John and Lyn are lovely they make you so welcome and relaxed, we went on the four hour ride round the mountains and fed the chip monks, thoroughly enjoyed it my hubby rode our trike, give it a go you will love it

3 Thank Jane-Shotts
Triketours19, Owner at Cool Runnings, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Ah guys, thank you so much for your lovely comments, will pass them on to Lyn. So glad that you enjoyed your trip with us and thanks a bunch for putting comments on this site.
Look forward to meeting you again in the future hopefully for a much longer tour!!

• Hungarian first
Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“One trip for your "Bucket List"”
Reviewed 1 March 2012

When I first walked into the shop John and Lyn Harrison greeted me as a long lost friend, I felt at home. Lyn told me of the different trips on offer, cost and their duration. John showed me the trikes and told me some of the history of "Cool Runnings". We agreed a trip and a date and time suitable to me.

On the day of the trip I was again greeted in the same manner as previously, I was put at ease once again. I was then introduced to Mark and John two of the tour managers, Mark being the longer serving member and John having recently joined.

The trip was to be of several trikes, self drive and driven. Mark would be leading with two ladies as his passengers, a couple self driving then me with John driving two other holiday makers bringing up the rear.

Before we started everyone was given a good introduction to the bikes and a health & safety talk also what to do and not do whilst on the road. Then drivers were given a short introductory drive to be sure they were safe and happy. Safety is of paramount importance at "Cool Runnings"

Once on the road there was no rush so both driver and passenger(s) could look about and take in the exceptional views. We stopped several times at viewing points and other points of interest. During these stops both Mark and John gave a talk about the history of the locale and about the inhabitants, the industry and agriculture over the ages. I must say these boys know their information, putting it over in simple terms but very informative and with humor. We stopped for refreshments and time for us all to get to know each other a little.

The last stop was awesome! Firstly the views were amazing and then we were introduced to George & Mildred - wild but friendly carrions. Then to feed the chipmunks, Aweee! what a photo opportunity, not to be missed.

The ride home was great, once off the mountain roads and onto the "blacktop" we hit the open road and although safety was still paramount we traveled at a greater pace to get the feel of the thrill of "wind in your face" ...... what "triking" is all about.

All in all this is one trip for the "Bucket List"

Bikers will understand me saying "it took a long time and much effort to get the black spots off my teeth", non bikers .... I defy you not to smile - all the time.

Thank you "Cool Runnings" for a great experience.

Ride safe and remember .......... "If it's there it's got to be done!"

Graham Kempton-Johnson

Graham Kempton-Johnson

3 Thank Graham K
Triketours19, Owner at Cool Runnings, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Graham thank you so much for taking the time to put this fantastic review of our tour on TA. We are so grateful to all our customers for giving us feedback on this site.
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us, I know that the "boys" loved having you along! Next time you are out you must do the longer tour with us and we may even persuade Pam to come along as well!!!!!
Take care both and see you soon.
Aberdare, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Cool runnings gives you freedom.”
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I'm not prone to writing reviews as I believe “each to their own", However after reading the review from "lisa w" I feel compelled to write this one.
Lisa w, I have no affiliation with Cool Runnings apart from being on holiday and using the services provided by Cool Runnings.
The only thing I can think of with regards to “the attitude of the owner” and the “ arrogance” , could this be to do with you?, I personally treat people the way I expect to be treated and with, John, Lyn and Mark I have nothing but praise and respect because, that was how they treated us.
I found Cool Runnings to be a great overall experience, the people involved were courteous, the bikes were wonderful, the trips fantastic and you could treat Cool Runnings as a tourist information centre, You ask anything about the island and would be given a true idea, be it the best place to eat or the parts of the island mostly overlooked by the everyday visitor.
We even called in one day just to take some photographs and Mark went out to move the bike into a better viewing position.
We have been here two years back to back and are looking forward to our third year come Christmas, and yes we will be going back to Cool Runnings (looking forward to it more with each day that passes).
Lisa w, I am sorry this didn’t meet with your expectation but as I said at the beginning “each to their own”.
John, Lyn and or course little Mark  we will be coming home for Christmas....Keep the trikes ticking over for us.

Visited December 2011
3 Thank hairysteve
Triketours19, Owner at Cool Runnings, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Steve, thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to put these comments on TA. You know what we think. Nuff said! See you again at Xmas for another tour....
Warwick. UK
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 205 helpful votes
“A great way to see the Island”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We went on this trip as a result of reading about it on trip advisor.
We decided to opt for the 4 hour excursion as the 2 hour one involved little time on the trikes if you allowed for the 25 minute stop as well.
We had a driver- much easier- you can relax and enjoy the views. If you drive yourself you cannot go off on your own anyway as you stay in convoy.
It was very windy and we wrapped up warm-don't be fooled by sun but I was impressed that the drivers took extra clothes for passengers just in case as well. You go up to the mountains and have some fab views. there are 3 stops and the second stop is a pretty village with nice cafes and shops.
The staff in the cool runnings shop were very friendly and I would definitely recommend it.

3 Thank WendyTomes
Triketours19, Owner at Cool Runnings, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Hi Wendy, wow that was quick!! Thank you so much for your rapid response! Just a pity that the weather was so blowy on your tour. Unfortunately thats the one thing we have no control over, however, really pleased that you enjoyed yourselves regardless and thank you so much for reviewing our trike tour. Hopefully you will come back again and we can find some warmer weather!
northern ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“if theres one thing to do while in calleta , is to hire these trikes.. brilliant!”
Reviewed 15 February 2012

we spent a week in calletta in nov/dec 2011 and had read reviews about the trike hire and was on a mission to find the office and get a hire sorted out, met lyn who is such a lovely lady and booked a 3 hour trip with my daughter ( my son 17 however did not think it would be cool to sit on the back of his mum so refused to come along- little did he know he missed a great time out!).
met john the morning of the tour and he checked that i was able to handle the trike before we set off, and we were lucky that we had him all to ourselves for the trip. stopped off for a coffee and then headed for the mountain where we stopped again to take in the scenery and to feed the chipmunks and ravens . john was really informative on our breaks off the trikes and i have to say that even on the saturday market where lyn and mark were advertising the trike hire, i quite happily went to a couple who were enquiring about the trike hire and told them definitely to do it ( im still looking my commission on that one lyn and john....lol)
if i go back to calletta , i will definitely be going back on another trike, but for a longer trip. it is worth every penny i paid , and my daughter ( aged 14) thought it was brilliant. this wee business is well run and john and lyn make sure that your safety is utmost to them. they are professional and courteous and i felt very safe and confident in booking and using them for a trip. i cant sing their praises high enough. keep up the fantastic work that you all do x x x

Visited November 2011
1 Thank noodles70
Triketours19, Owner at Cool Runnings, responded to this review, 17 February 2012
Helloooooooooo and thanks so much for the brilliant feedback guys. It was a great trip out for me as well. Its not often I get to do a solo trip out which means that I cant often spend time with an individual family so it was a treat for me too and you were all such great company it was a real pleasure.
It must have worn your fingers out to do an in-depth review but would just like to say we really appreciate it and when you come out again remind Lyn about the commission bit!! She did mention that you had given great feedback to the guy she was talking about on the market so thanks for that as well! (Seems I am REALLY in your debt!)
Take care and see you soon!