2,806 results
All reviews geranios suites junior suite pool bar separate kitchen sea view self catering large balcony free safe salt water spa hotel smaller pool sitting room on tap reception staff evening entertainment cleaned every day building work
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Just returned from a seven night all inclusive stay, in one of the villa rooms. I’d booked the villa rooms as, along with myself, my daughter, her husband and their precious ten month old baby were travelling too, and I wanted a relaxing, luxury spacious holiday.
We arrived after a long journey at around 9.30pm, and were given the keys to our villa. We tiredly but excitedly went off to see our accommodation for the next seven nights. I’d already bagged the en suite bedroom (as I paid nearly £5000 for this holiday) but expected the second bedroom would be plenty big enough for the family.......oh little did I know!
The villa itself is spacious, clean and functional. The one we stayed in (156) didn’t look much like the pictures on the website but it was fine for our needs, especially the pool and daybed in our back garden.
As we took our cases upstairs to the bedrooms we were in for a shock. Bedroom two (aka cupboard) is tiny. I’d estimate 6x6, with two single beds in, wall to wall....and that’s it! Completely unacceptable for two adults and a baby. There aren’t any wardrobes or drawers in there, you’d have to come into the main bedroom to share the wardrobe and drawers.
To say we were disappointed is an understatement, so despite my exhaustion I trudged back to reception to complain. I explained the situation but was told (uncaringly) that all the villas are the same. Fait a Complis.
If I had known the state of the second bedroom I would not have booked this hotel. We returned to reception the next morning (after a night on the z bed in the lounge for me) to speak to a manager. Our special and important holiday ruined. The manager was unmoved and didn’t offer any resolution. My daughter suggested that they should get a room for them and I’d stay in the villa alone, but when reception checked they found a suite, and charged us another £750 - total accommodation cost £4400!! We didn’t really have any choice.
So, beware. If you are thinking of selecting the villa accommodation, it is suitable for a couple with two small children but certainly not four adults as it states.
Otherwise, everything else was just lovely. The staff are helpful and smiling, the food fresh and we all - including the baby- found something to eat at each meal. The sweet table heaves with choice! The hotel is located next to the beach, and Caleta de Fuesta is small but has everything you need. It’s only a ten minute taxi ride from the airport, and the market is on Tuesday and Saturday.
If we hadn’t had the problem with the unusable second bedroom this hotel would have scored much higher.

Room Tip: Do not chose the villa accommodation if your party is more than two adults
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank 190,666
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Family of 4 stayed in a villa at the Eurostar las Salinas Hotel, Caleta de Fueste in Fuertaventura from 8/8/18 to 18/8/18. Hotel is on the beach, but I have to say it’s a strange forbidding building. Stalinist in its harshness, cold and unwelcoming. Concrete and stone everywhere you look. The plants shown by the pool in the photos online no longer exist. The few plants that WERE there were plastic, the public areas enormous echoing and empty. The place is ridiculously understaffed, and the standard of everything is pretty low. I’ve stayed in 4 and 5 star hotels all over Europe and this one is at the bottom. Never have I seen a cockroach in any of the hotels I’ve stayed in ( and I know they do exist in most), but in this one there were cockroaches welcoming us back to the apartment each night on 4 occasions. The low point, and final straw for me, was when I looked at my partner at breakfast and was surprised at her demeanour; when I followed her gaze I saw a cockroach merrily walking around in one of the large bread baskets. When I pointed this out to the staff they were unconcerned, and DID NOTHING. When I reported the cockroaches to the front desk they were unconcerned too.
The place is cold, echoing and definitely not up to its star rating. Entertainment ( while I don’t expect anything good!) is REALLY dire. Ditto the drinks. The weakest I have ever had, and after discussing it with the waiter one night, he gave me a decent, undiluted drink. I know that all INCLUSIVE hotels deliver weak booze, but this is ridiculous. Note too that for a huge hotel there is only one tiny bar about eight foot long, and one barman. There are other bars, but they’ve been closed.
However, the two storey apartment we had was brilliant, two bedrooms, bathrooms, great beds, kitchen, pool( plastic grass all aound it). It saved the holiday. BUT after the pool guy had been one morning, he’d obviously forgotten to reset something and my 12 year old got sucked onto a filter outlet, needing me to pull him off, and marking his back badly. Curious, I tentatively placed my hand near the outlet and was terrified when it sucked my fingers in, almost breaking them. I went to get the pool guy, and he fixed things, but this was just one more example of how shoddy and unloved the place was.
We paid thousands for this holiday, and I feel that it was a complete waste and a rip off. The staff were so slow ( or undermanned?) that we had to clear the tables ourselves before we could eat, and we got used to setting the tables etc. NOT what you expect at a supposedly decent hotel. We shall NEVER go again to this hotel, or any associated ones. Obviously someone is cutting things to the bone, has stripped the hotel of anything that costs money , ( but would make it more welcoming), and the result is a complete deception. DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL. You will be sorry if you do. I just can’t understand the positive reviews some have left for it. All I can say is they must have extremely low standards and expectations.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Myself and my partner booked a week at the Eurostars la Salinas and it was good. We had a junior sweet a lovely room well cleaned when we arrived and maintained while we were there.

We loved the pool it's filled with salt water and designed well with a pool area bar. There is some entertainment provided but it's very low key so engagement is low.

The food is average for the area and the restaurant is very much a canteen style. But we ate plenty.

We discussed our thoughts and felt the hotel was nice and with more direction and higher staff levels there is great potential in it but it's below the levels of local equivalent hotels.

The restaurant was never cleared/clean quickly and tables weren't reset.

All in all for the price we paid we'd rather go to one of the other equivalently rated hotels on the beach front

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ciaran k
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My partner and I stayed at this hotel from 24th July to 31st. We chose this hotel mostly due to the location being right on the beach and only a short walk to the shops and restaurants.

We arrived earlier than the stated check in time, but the team on reception were very helpful and we were able to check in early. We were given directions to our room which were needed as the place is quite difficult to navigate when you first arrive.

We were staying in a junior suite located on the third floor. Our room was big and spacious with a living/kitchen area, seperate bathroom with a toilet cubicle, and a large bedroom. The balcony area stretches across both the bedroom and liviing room, meaning it is very large. We had a side on room, so to our right was the beach and to the left was the swimming pool, giving us good views either way. The kitchen wasn't very well equipped, with no kettle to make hot drinks, and no actual wine glasses. We even had to buy our own corkscrew.

Cleaning services were a bit late in the day for our room, one occasion the staff came around 16:30, by which time we were back in our room and relaxing before heading out for dinner, so we declined. Most other days the room was sorted before we were back in the room.

Food at the hotel was a bit hit and miss. We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis so only had a breakfast meal, which varied. Some days the food was quite cold despite it being under the heat lamps, however there were lots of pastries, fruit, and cereals that could be eaten instead. The staff in the restaurant work hard to clear tables quickly, but sometimes there was still a shortage of cutlery which meant waiting around before you can eat.

Pool area was very nice. We only went towards the end of the holiday but even when arriving around lunch time there was no issue with reserved beds, we were able to find 2 beds and an umbrella with ease. Pool bar has beer on tap that was well priced, 1 euro for a small beer and 2 euros for a large.

I've read reviews that there isn't much to do in the evenings here. Because we always ate out and didn't come back until we were ready to relax on the balcony with a bottle of wine I can't say this affected us. If we were all inclusive and spent more time at the hotel it might be an issue.

On our last night we grabbed a quick beer from the bar behind reception and the barman was very friendly and chatty, asking about our stay and commenting that he'd not seen us around the bar before.

All in all, I enjoyed staying at this hotel, and would come back again if we were going to the island.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple