3,217 results
All reviews block c main pool every other day toasties great holiday few ants salad bad reviews plenty of choice hot dogs evening entertainment ice cream kids disco luggage room bit dated min walk mini disco
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Stayed at the Caleta Dorada for a week as a family of 5 adults and 2 children (aged 9 and 12) from 25/3/18 to 1/4/18. Was I apprehensive before travelling after reading some of the reviews? Yes I was. Am I glad I decided not to listen to the negatives? Yes, I am. Will I go back? Absolutely yes!!!!
Accommodation - we booked 3 bungalows with a sea view, and I emailed the hotel before going to ask that the 3 were all together as my mother-in-law is unwell and we needed to be very close by in case of an emergency. I had a reply very quickly advising me that they would do their best to fulfil our wishes, although could not guarantee this. As I was just about to turn off my phone when I boarded the plane, I received a message saying this would not be possible......but as a wonderful gesture we were offered a 3 bed villa to ensure that we were all together! This villa was amazing, and we really couldn't have asked for better. I cannot speak for the bungalows, but the villas offer brilliant accommodation. They are spacious, clean, and have a private pool and a games room........my kids thought this was brilliant!! I am missing waking up to the lovely sea views we had from the villa so much! It was my birthday the day after we arrived, and it was a lovely touch to have a bottle of bubbly and some chocolates waiting for us in the villa. We found the beds comfy enough and we slept well. Check-in took 10 minutes maximum.
Cleanliness - spotless everywhere. The lovely cleaner came in every 2 days to change towels and bedding and the villa always smelled clean when we walked in. The pool was cleaned twice during our stay. OK, so there were scuffs on the paintwork on the walls and cup marks on the dining table, but this is down to previous guests, and short of repainting all accommodation after every guest leaves there is not a lot that can be done to prevent little things like this. It did not bother us at all.
Food & drink - the dining room gets really busy at times, and we had to queue a few times, but we never queued for longer than 10 minutes. There was always plenty of choice even for fussy eaters, and was tasty. Not sure what those who felt the food was rubbish were expecting from 3 star mass-catering, but we really enjoyed it. There are a few cocktails available on all inclusive which were very nice, and it was lovely to have Bailey's and honey rum on the all inclusive too!
Staff - warm, welcoming and friendly. Right from the start we were welcomed as though we were family, and nothing was too much trouble. We had a problem with our key for the safe, and within 2 minutes of reporting it there was somebody from maintenance at the villa to fix it. In the dining room, the staff are exceptionally busy, but work very hard to clear tables quickly to get other guests in. They never failed to smile, several of them made an effort to talk to us, and we thought they were all fab! I must at this point mention Domenico...............what can I say about you Domenico apart from the fact that I think you are an absolute credit to this hotel! He genuinely cares about the guests and wants nothing more than to make sure everyone has a fantastic holiday. If you have any concerns, please just go and speak to Domenico as he will help you in whatever way he can. It was a pleasure to meet him while we were there, and he was always smiling.
Area - this complex is set in a quiet part of Caleta de Fuste, but is only a 10 minute walk to the beach and has a lovely harbour area. There are loads of bars and restaurants close by if you want to venture out. The complex area itself is very hilly and there are lots of steps. For those who cannot manage steps like my mother-in-law, there are ramps to get around, and it was no bother wheeling her around for the week in a wheelchair..........she did manage to get some walking done as well so it is possible to get around. The resort of Caleta de Fuste has become one of my favourites in terms of what it offered to us as a family, there was no hustle and bustle, and the area is beautiful. Go to find the chipmunks if you can on the rocks, my kids were mesmerised by them. A private minibus from the airport was £18 each way for the 7 of us, and took no more than 10 minutes. The complex is on the flight path but was not bothersome at all. There is a market 2 minutes walk from the complex, which runs every Tuesday and Saturday, it's great fun but lots of haggling needed as the prices they try to charge to start with are astronomical!!!
Safety - I do understand that a few guests have been sadly affected by break ins, and I do understand that for those people this has been very traumatic, but I need to say that at no point in our holiday did we ever feel unsafe. We saw the security guard every day walking round, and my advice would be to hire a safe for your stay no matter which hotel you are in.. This can happen anywhere in the world. There is a lifeguard on duty also during pool hours.
Overall - we had an amazing time and I would recommend staying here if you don't expect 5 star accommodation in a 3 star complex. It is definitely very worthy of it's 3 stars, and we will be back to stay again. If anybody wants to ask anything feel free to message me.
Thank you very much to all at the Caleta Dorada, keep doing what you do because you're amazing!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
14  Thank Lise_1980
Caleta_Dorada_PPRR, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Club Caleta Dorada, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

OMG LISE :)

To say that you made my month is too less... I am speechless and so HAPPY that I could dance Flamenco in the office ;)
Thank your wonderful family that has arrived with a big smile, open mind and brought us the sunshine from England.
It has been a pleasure to meeting you all and to have shared nice moments together.

Greetings to youa ll and I wish to see you back in our Villas :)

Hugs from Caleta Dorada!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

food in restaurant is ok was always above warm and they tried a variety of food
having to wait in a queue to get in is a pain for all meals,is just not big enough to accommodate all holidaymakers then when you get in cutlery is scarce until its been washed staff are overworked never seemed to be enough of them serving sometimes had to wait for food to be replenished because staff was cooking or cleaning
3 fairly big pools in different locations and some kiddies pools next to them were good but would have been better if any was heated ,I know its march/april but talking to a couple who had been there in height of season (gluttons)said they was still cold,my grandson would not go in as a lot of others (get some solar panels)
airplanes flying over every 20 mins or so was a pain as they were very low ,they did stop at around 2100 hrs and started up at 0600(good alarm call)
evening shows not really up to much /at the pools food available during day was only at big pool ,pool b had nothing while the other had drinks and ice cream
shower head broke when we arrived and was fixed in 20mins that was good
rooms were supposed to be cleaned every 2 days we went 4 days without been done till I mentioned it and was done every day then
lifeguards were very good at our pool (section b)interacted with the kids as well as kept an eye on them although not many in the pool as said
would I go back no I don't think so ,if they warmed the pools and sorted restaurant out maybe yes not a lot you can do about the planes its in the flightpath and that's it
beach is a far way to walk to the best one is twice as far go to the introduction meeting and he is very helpful and you can book trips if you like

Room Tip: section b is quieter
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank colin f

DEar Colin,

Thank you for sharing your opinion with all of us on TripAdvisor.
I apologise if you were unsatisfied with our services, mostly due to lack of spaces and not heated pool.
You can understand that this wave of cold that hit all Europe have had an incidence also here and we have had the coldest winter i the last 20 years.
Normally the pools are cold but not that cold; we are sorting the queue at the restaurant with some indications about the peak time so that guests can know which is the best time to go in there.

Tahnk you for your feedback, we will go on improving our services.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

What lovely hotel.food very good.staff friendly..i enjoyed my stay.the door lock on our door was broken .we reported it.and it was done in 5 mins.place and gardens very clean.it was my friend and i birthdays 50th.we had bottle champs chocs in the room.thank u. It was lovely.keep up the good work.xceri and sandy

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank Ceri B
Caleta_Dorada_PPRR, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Club Caleta Dorada, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Ceri,

Thank you for your words and rating! I love people like you :)

I hope you will be back for the next birthday, hehe..

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

The accommodation is dated, not enough to do. Bar at night was not big enough for the resort very poor entertainment. Food hall or other words cattle market no way big enough for the size of resort sits 312 and the resort holds way to many people for the small restaurant, the queuing up at one point I counted 50 people in the que waiting to be seated. It might help if the poor staff smiled a bit more, probably over worked and under paid. They could not cope with the amount of people and could not get the food out quick enough always running out. The manager when you go in the restaurant to do your checks, you want to try and walk in when the que is massive. They did extend the opening times to 10 pm but still didn’t help the queuing. The reception toilets looked fab and the shower room also it’s a pity the out dated bungalows didn’t look the same. Would I go back the answer is no the resort looked like some thing from the 70-80’s

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank Carole G
Caleta_Dorada_PPRR, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Club Caleta Dorada, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Carole,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.
I apologise on behalf of the Caleta Dorada if we didn't meet your expectations; as you confirm, all our staff work hard and can happen to be not smiling when tired. We respect the laws and the salaries of our employees: none is underpaid.
Thank you for asking, is good to clear :)

I hope to have the chance to welcome you back and show you our improvements.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I have just returned from a family trip; a clean, fun and welcoming resort.

Food: there was always a wide range of choices to appeal any palette.

Pools: plenty of choice of where you wanted to spend your day.

We were upgraded to a villa on our fifth day, which gave us more room and our own pool. This was a great end to our holiday and I would definitely look at booking a stay at the resort again!

Money well spent!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank karl l

Hola Karl,

Thank you so much for share your experience with us.
Great to know that you have had a good time and that the final upgrade made your holiday even better :)
I'll be glad to welcome you back and, of course, inform me of​ your arrival.

Best regards,