“Great breakfasts, great food!”
Review of Metro Coffee

Metro Coffee
Ranked #1 of 20 Coffee & Tea in Broadbeach
Reviewed 1 April 2018

If it wasn't for the power of TripAdvisor, I probably wouldn't be writing this review. We were staying at the Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise on a recent visit to the Gold Coast from the UK, and not being partial to hotel breakfasts, we took to TripAdvisor to see if we could locate a decent breakfast spot which wasn't too far away.. There appeared Metro Coffee, a short walk away in a nearby street, and its good reviews drew us in. Thank you TripAdvisor, and those of you who provide helpful and comprehensive reviews!
Metro Coffee is indeed a great little spot, tucked away in an unassuming suburban street, and well out of the hustle and bustle of the restaurants, cafes and bars on Cavill Avenue; it would be a good 25 minute walk from Cavill Avenue. Nor is it located with a view of the beach. But do not let that deter you, as it's really worth the effort of a walk or a drive to have a breakfast there.
We visited on two occasions, for breakfast. Firstly, the freshly brewed coffee was outstanding, probably the best I had during my week's stay in Queensland. And the breakfasts... delicious! The Zucchini and Corn Fritters, served with a beetroot pickle, were excellent. The serving of three fritters was more than ample for a satisfying and healthy breakfast. As were the Eggs Benedict, with beautifully poached eggs and perfectly cooked bacon strips, served on sour dough bread. Another visit saw us enjoying a delicious Muesli and yoghurt topped with an ample portion of fresh seasonal fruit, as well as the fritters again (they were a hit indeed).
We enjoyed breakfast sitting outside in the warm fresh air; bottled cold water was brought to the table. Vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free options are available - just ask! The restaurant was quite busy, but service was welcoming, cheerful and attentive.
It's definitely on our list to return, if we find ourselves in Surfers Paradise again.

4  Thank 997briant

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Wonderful suburban cafe with breakfast classics and some modern dishes - food was brilliant, staff was excellent and the coffee really hit the spot. I highly recommend this place, it's worth the short drive from Surfer's - do yourself the favour and avoid the overpriced places in Cavill. Head to Metro Coffee and enjoy great food at very reasonable prices!

Reviewed 18 February 2018

I think this place might be a favorite of the locals! Saturday mornings it really buzzes and we had to wait for a table but it was worth it. Great coffee and wonderful food, but the service is really outstanding. Laid back vibe.

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Metro Coffee is a cheerful little place for a quick breakfast and coffee. I most recently tried their Bircher muesli, which was fresh, light and with lovely balanced flavours. Coffee is great, as is the simple and clean presentation of the place.

Service is very friendly and efficient, the happy crew clearly enjoying this little gem as much as this morning’s guests did.

Reviewed 27 January 2018

By the time I had returned to the table I was being served with my iced coffee. Good menu range and tasty, by Gold Coast standards, better than most. Black coffee was strong, just the way I like it. Only downside, is because of the high turnover of diners, once you've finished your meal and drinks, they give you the eye to move on.