“Great food and service”

Cuisines: Seafood, Australian, Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 30 January 2018

Great service, great location, great food, fresh generous servings. Had fresh oysters and they were delicious followed by bugs and prawn fettuccini which was to die for. Cannot recommend highly enough.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

I was only going to give them 4 out of 5 as I had an issue with service.
Rather than just accept, I asked the waiter and his response was honest and he fixed an issue to the point where I’m happy to give them full marks.
Entree we had crumbed mushroom that to me was an Aracini ball - fantastic
Mains were surf and turf and wife had a chicken dish - both were wonderful
Dessert - to my surprise, they had fried ice-cream, just like you would get in a Chinese restaurant and was extremely happy with this.
Pricing - they had a 50% off style deal which made it priced relatively,competitively,as I feel it may have been overpriced if we paid full freight.
Overall - all meals really good and can recommend

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

My husband & I went for lunch, waited over 30 minutes for our meals. Other tables were receiving their meals who ordered long after we did, my husband kindly approached the waitress asking how long our meals would be seeing as other tables had already received their meals and some of those meals being the same as what we had ordered. The waitress was extremely rude & patronizing suggesting we were impatient & out of line for enquiring.

When our meals were bought to the table they were slammed down in front of us by the same waitress we have previously spoken too. I mentioned to the waitress there was no need to have a bad attitude towards us as we are the customers, after this the manager came out and accused us of abusing the waitress & simply said “ customers are not right & if you don’t like it you can leave” We promptly walked out without eating our meals. I noticed the same waitress waving behind as we walked out. This is by far the worst customer service experience I have ever had. We visit Broadbeach frequently & I will never return to this restaurant.
I can see that poor customer service is a trend here, do yourself a favor & never dine in this extremely disappointing restaurant.

2  Thank LREN3
Reviewed 16 January 2018

Popped into Max for a bite of lunch today with my husband. It was half empty and had plenty of tables in desirable areas to enjoy a meal. The waiter directed us to a cramped table for two at the back of the establishment - squished up against the bar and a window without a view or breath of air. There was not enough room to swing a rat, let alone a cat. We politely asked for a table nearer the front of the restaurant where we could get some fresh air and a better view - lots of vacant tables and only two were reserved. Insultingly told NO. We walked out. With such a large variety of restaurants in this area we were surprised at the waiter's rudeness and the fact he was more than happy to let customers walk straight out of his restaurant, straight into a competitors where we had a delicious meal at a table of our choice!

1  Thank Shaz M
Reviewed 15 January 2018

Four ladies dined here at lunchtime.
Great $10 meals. Wine was normal price, served chilled, and good quality.
We ordered a calamari, which was cooked to perfection, with plenty of calamari in the salad.
The other meals was a Chicken Caesar Salad, pronounced delicious.
Two other meals, exactly ordered the same, medium rare steak.
One was great, with little to no grissle, however, mine was almost inedible. Fat and grissle throughout.
The main disappointment was there was no query as to why I hadn't eaten it, Or did they already know!
The waiter was a lovely bloke who was friendly.