2,998 results
All reviews buffet breakfast accor member mini bar corner room pillow menu ocean view shopping centre an upgrade gold coast surfers paradise per day jupiters casino car parking across the road pacific fair bonjour monorail
999 - 1,004 of 2,998 reviews

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
sofitelgcb, General Manager at Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2015

Reviewed 31 May 2015

We enjoyed our stay at the hotel. The room was clean with lovely views. The bathroom is abit tired looking and could do with a re-vamp but it was adequate. Wifi was slow but free. Large TV but very poor channel selection and very expensive to pay for movie channel. Breakfast in Bistro On3 was amazing. We had one dinner meal in Bistro On3 which was lovely with impeccable service. The hotel is well located with on 10 minute walk to Pacific Fair shopping complex, and plenty of selection for eating just down the road. The trams to Surfers Paradise are only 5 minute walk away. Supermarket in shopping mall next door to hotel was very handy. We would defiantly stay again.

Room tip: Corner room views are amazing and very quiet
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Bonjour jjamie2015,

Thank you for sharing this great feedback from your recent stay.
It is wonderful to see that you were able to take advantage of dining in Bistro On3 and I have shared your lovely comments regarding their impeccable service with the team for them to enjoy also. I am pleased you found our location to be convenient. It is indeed handy having the surrounding attractions in Broadbeach all within easy walking distance as well as being near the beach and public transportation.

Thank you again, we look forward to seeing you back on your next trip to the Gold Coast.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 31 May 2015

I've stayed at a number of Accor hotels and this one rates pretty well in terms of its location and proximity to a great patrolled swimming/surfing beach and Broadbeach's revitalised cafe strip now encompassing the Oracle complex. However, the Hotel fails to attract people to its restaurant which I didn't see open for breakfast (best meal of the day) and the bar is spartan with a limited choice of drinks and they didn't appear to offer a choice of pillows in the rooms... Additionally, the WiFi arrangements aren't cheap, utilise data caps and overall leave a lot to be desired and are obviously geared to get visitors to use the in-house movie systems rather than streaming content on their personal devices.

Room tip: Go for Oceanview (Eastern side of the building) as high as possible
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
sofitelgcb, General Manager at Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2015

Bonjour RichA1971,

Thank you for sharing this review with us from your recent stay.
I am pleased you especially loved our location. We do indeed have the perfect spot in the heart of Broadbeach and with the beach also within easy walking distance. We do have two inhouse restaurants, our restaurant Bistro On3 located on level three of the hotel is open every day for breakfast 6.30-10.30am. Our fine dining restaurant room81 is located in the lobby of the hotel but only open for dinner, was it perhaps this restaurant you saw not open for breakfast? We offer pillow menus in every room, the card is located in the headboard of the bed. I apologise if this was not in your room.

Thank you again, we appreciate you taking the time to share these comments with us.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 30 May 2015

Nice room, nice view, good location, no concierge or porter at driveway to greet or take bags. Friendly welcome at reception. I didn't use any of the food and beverage facilities so no comment on those. A few things were frustrating and not good enough for a Sofitel/5 star hotel where expectations (and prices) are much higher.
I tried on 3 separate occasions to ring reception/switchboard in the evenings and the phone rang out. The power went out overnight (at least a few rooms) for at least a few hours on one evening so the fridge leaked all over the floor. I tried to ring down to reception in the morning and because the hotel phone relied on power it was dead. I had to ring on my mobile to the hotel externally to advise them. Fixed quickly however the TV was not reset properly. I left for the day with an uncharged mobile (annoying). On return the room had been cleaned but the TV was still needing to be re-set - not good enough - again I had to call down! Rectified quickly. Also I didn't appreciate when the room was cleaned the second day and a dirty hairpin that was not mine was left for me as if I had left it there - it was obviously the previous guest and I had been there several days. Yuk.
Carpark lift area carpet is horrid and worn out. There is a stairs only section between the lift stairwell and carpet so you had to drag suitcases up and down these stairs.

Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Bonjour judegoldy,

Thank you for taking the time to share this experience with us from your recent stay.
I sincerely apologise for the disturbance caused by the power outage during your visit. I understand this would have been frustrating and I am sorry for the inconveniences caused by this occurance. It is great to see that our team took quick action to assist you and we trust that the remainder of your time with us went smoothly.

Thank you again, we appreciate your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back another time in the near future.

Warm regards

Reviewed 28 May 2015

This Hotel is very clean in a great location and the staff are very friendly, Very Classy Hotel. The Bar in the Foyer is a must to visit -called Room 81, great Cocktails and nice selection of top shelf Spirits. The Wine Buffet is a good option too.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank TamKea
sofitelgcb, General Manager at Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2015

Bonjour TamKea,

Thank you for sharing this quick review from your recent stay at Sofitel Gold Coast.
I am pleased you loved our lobby bar, room81. They have just started making a new range of edible cocktails, something to try on your next visit!

We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience and look forward to welcoming you back for another getaway soon.

Warm Regards,