“best barreado”

Ranked #7 of 145 Restaurants in Morretes
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Center
Description: The best place to eat the Barreado, a typical dish from Paraná state north coast.
Reviewed 3 March 2018

I have been to Morretes on many occasion. Have tried various Barreado restaurants there. Madalozo is by far the best quality food and excellent service.

Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

The outside tables offer really nice view of the river and the city. The food is good but what really shone when I visited this restaurant was the service. All the crew were very friendly and even offered me to leave my car in their parking while I walked around town and that when I come back I could use the toilet and have a coffee before leaving.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

Considering the local food and the dishes available, this restaurant presents nothing new or special. The flavours are very bland and there is nothing memorable about the fried variety of fish and other seafood they served (in many cases fish which are not even endemic to the region - such as salmon).
The barreado was not served with its typical side dishes, but with a large variety of adapted dishes, which say nothing about the local food or culture, since they can be found in most other restaurants around that part of the state.
The venue is again nothing special, just like any other slightly rundown roadside restaurant by most motorways around the country.
If you do take the time to go to Morretes, I'd recomend looking for something more genuine and worthy of the trip.

Reviewed 28 May 2016

We went to this restaurant for the lunch in one rainy day to taste the "barreado". This dish is served at many other restaurants in the neighborhood. I must to say I had taste this dish before, but at Madalozzo Restaurant the "barreado" becomes different. It's delicious. I don't know how they prepare and get one exquisite dish. Aside that the service is very good and the staff very kind. Congratulations to Madalozzo Reataurant.

Thank Gilberto Gracia... D
Reviewed 15 June 2015 via mobile

Went to Madalozo with family members.Service was awesome, very attentive personnel! Kudos to them! Now, food for me was just ok. Having had the opportunity to be in many others great restaurants, food was good, nothing really special. Having said that,I can't not talk about their Barreado, because it was my first try to compare to others. Very nice view of the river.

Been to Madalozo? Share your experiences!