All reviews great restaurant guacamole beautiful view clams oaxaca privacy ocean
Reviewed 25 June 2018

The staff was very rude since we arrived. We stayed there for four nights. The day we got there, the road was blocked and we had to carry our luggage through a muddy road. The bathroom was always surrounded by insects, crabs, even scorpions! The shower was the same and there´s no privacy, since anyone can see you showering from the pool. Under the bed there was a lot of dust, and even though they had mosquito nets, we were bitten every time we were in the room. The Restaurant is no big deal, only for the view, but the food is really bad. It takes around 20 min walking through the muddy path to get to the area where there are more food options. 40 minutes walking to Mazunte beach.

Room tip: I wouldn´t stay here at all!
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

If you want a fantastic place to watch the sun go down and to have a cocktail, El Copal is it. It is very beautiful, and tastefully decorated. The drinks were great, and the guacamole was to die for. We both had the shrimp, which were tasty but nothing to get too excited about. Previously we had breakfast there, and it was fantastic. Overall, a must visit place for a cocktail and snack, or dinner. The owners are lovely and go out of their way to please.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 97PaulS
Reviewed 17 August 2017

Really nice restaurant with really great food. The guacamole was amazing, everything was really fresh and well-prepared. We had a great time with a beautiful view and were welcomed. Definitely recommendable.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank François P
Reviewed 3 May 2017

The service was nice and friendly, but the food was just Ok. I had better hopes for it - my ginger shrimp was in a strange sauce and not satisfying. The view from the restaurant was beautiful. It was the only restaurant in that part of Mazunte, so it was convenient, but we did not go back.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Ruchei
Reviewed 25 January 2017

After 2 hour drive in a really hot day, we arrive to the beautiful remote place, absolutely thirsty for a cold bear and some food.

We went to EL COPAL to the restaurant to have lunch and probably stayed the night.

We climbed up the 4 floors to the restaurant, the open space terrace has a beautiful view, a cute low key place, no other costumers were there. We were 6 ppl and my medium/small size service dog.

The very first thing the manager said to us is that:

"WE ARE NOT PET FRIENDLY"

He told us we were not welcome with the dog. I explaIned that it was a service dog and it will sit still and totaly quiet next to me, but he told me he didn't care he kept going on and on for 15 min or more making a huge buz about it, until I told him if my service dog cant stay, then we cant stay either and we would leave. Then he changed his mind and told us it was ok to sit in a corner, but still with a huge attitude....

The whole argument spoiled our excitement to be there.

The food was good thou but clearly we didn't spend the night. As soon as we had lunch we left.

Date of stay: January 2017