All reviews italian restaurant pizza bar menu old building prawns nice atmosphere front bar place to eat large room rooms are comfortable different areas sunday lunch breakfast was excellent with locally sourced ingredients the young lady loud music service was prompt
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

The Angel is another local pub that we have visited regularly over the last eight years. In fact I enjoyed my sixtieth birthday there in 2010, using the ever popular Italian restaurant. Totally family friendly venue with quality food and great service. We have never been disappointed whilst the pizzas are the best ever!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Our first impression was of a pretty Inn with lots to offer. Place was clean and a cool interior on such a hot, sunny day was very welcome. A simple light lunch was ordered and took a long time to arrive which wouldn’t have been a problem if it had been served hot. I asked for mine to be reheated, no apology was offered. Food was hot on the outside at the second attempt but still cool in the middle. Time was getting on so decided I would have to put up with it. Staff were rather un-engaging...no eye contact or smiles. As we left the lady behind the bar looked straight through us. A ‘goodbye’ and ‘thank you’ really wouldn’t have gone amiss. Won’t be in a hurry to return here, will try one of the little cafe’s in the Town next time.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bongazaan
Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

First impressions lovely, very well presented clean smart and welcoming.

However we ordered pizzas at midday and an hour later and having watched others who arrived after us getting their pizza decided to leave and get a refund which wasn’t given willingly. To be made to feel we were in the wrong when we had already waited half an hour to be told sorry we had a big take out order so yours will be another 15 minutes then another 15 minutes and still no pizza was pretty poor.

Perhaps we were just unlucky on that day.

Stayed: July 2018
4  Thank Mopstop
Reviewed 11 July 2018

As a first time visitor to Halesworth, I was taken to The Angel by a friend for lunch. I had the crayfish pasta from the Special's Board. It was utterly amazing. Some of the best Italian food I have had. The owner obviously takes pride in her dishes. Great value for money. I highly recommend this place.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank NorwichValkyrie
Reviewed 10 July 2018

We have eaten at The Italian restaurant at The Angel several times and never been disappointed.
I had the special monkfish wrapped in prosciutto ,which was delicious and my companion chose the wild boar stew with pancetta . The stew was a hearty dish requiring someone with an appetite to match . The accompanying vegetables which come as extra( we shared a selection) were perfectly cooked . All the desserts looked wonderful,but we were too full . Service was pleasant and efficient. Will definitely go again

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple