All reviews car park meal deal thyme restaurant perfect location the check in process family visit high street air con pay and display good night guarantee room was clean easy parking quiet at night walk in shower excellent stay continental breakfast every member of staff
Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

I have stopped at this Premier Inn before and have had no problems. The Premier Inn is situated right in the town centre which is great.

On arrival I went to pay my bill and I had drawn cash out to pay it which the staff would not accept. They asked me for my driving licence or my passport. As I live in England I did not carry my passport with me and as I travel by train didn't think to put my driving licence in. The staff would not accept cash so I had to pay with my debit card. I had of course got the documentation that they have sent to me which I had printed out on my own computer which had nothing on there about bringing a passport or a driving licence.

On arrival into my room I found that there was hardly any toilet paper and had to go downstairs and get them to refill the box.

As it was snowing on the Sunday I was leaving I asked the girl whether she would get me a taxi the time was 7 a.m. but she was unable to do so as it was too early.

Another customer gave me a lift to the station to catch my train.

A disappointing visit this time.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 December 2017

Lovely staff at reception and in restaurant. Clean room. Very nice breakfast. This is my 3rd stay here and never had any problems. 20 minute walk to railway. Near to market and local shops. Car park opposite if needed

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

My husband and i stayed here for three nights whilst visiting family in the area. As the hotel is located in the town centre we found it ideal for all the amenities.
The hotel itself was very clean and smart and the staff friendly and helpful. We cant comment on the restaurant meals as we ate out in the town where there was a wide choice of nice Cafe's and restaurants.
The only downside to this Hotel is not having its own car park but hey if you dont need the car there's a good bus and train service nearby.
We will definately come back again!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Having got back late from work decided to try the new Premiere Inn dining facility.
The menu choice was surprisingly good together with a comprehensive collection of drinks.
My evening meal ..Duck Pate and Rump Steak was delicious and served in a timely manner by a very attentive and polite member of staff called Rachel who couldn't have been more helpful.
I will eat here again and recommend to friends and family.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 November 2017

A perfect location in the centre of Hitchin.Close to the shops and a wide range of pubs and restaurants. The room was excellent and the cleanliness was of a very high standard.The staff were excellent and it represented very good value for money. I now understand why this hotel it is often full.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business