“ Nice view and atmosphere in the water”

Down the Hatch Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 11 Restaurants in Ponce Inlet
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 April 2016 via mobile

Great food. Great experience...eating seafood out on the docks as the sun sets. Fun for family and friends.

Date of visit: April 2016

Reviewed 10 April 2016

We wanted to try a new place in this area and we are glad we chose here. The food was good but the highlight of the evening was watching a pair of dolphins play for the crowd. I felt as though I could almost reach out and touch them they were so close! One recommendation I would make is to sit under the area closet to the restaurant. We sat out farther on the dock and it was buggy. Even though we couldn't see the bugs we could feel their bite. The area not quite so close to the water has tiki torches that I bet help. Also where we sat has some holes in the roof(it is part of charm, I sure), but when it sprinkled people had to move.

Reviewed 31 March 2016

Wanted somewhere the wait wasn't tremendous so we ended up here. Service was great for our party of 7. I got the fish of the day which I never do and loved it.the have outside seating right on the water and you can watch the beautiful sunsets. Nice gift shop reasonable priced.

Reviewed 31 March 2016

Second time was just as good as the first time we visited a few years ago. The seafood is very good. The service was somewhat lacking as we sat for about 10 minutes before someone came to our table. Directly on the harbor. A lot of outdoor seating and bar.

Reviewed 30 March 2016 via mobile

We had the butterfly shrimp they were awesome. While sitting at the window booth we enjoyed watching the Dolphins swimming by. Beautiful view along the Halifax river. If you like you can sit out on the deck and they even have live music.