Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 January 2018

What a terrific stay I had a Hotel Mom last December (2017). The location is directly across from the train station and there is a bus that runs every 20' or so up into the magnificent walled city of Assisi. Patrizio and his partner (I forget her name but she was equally as sweet and welcoming) could not have been more accommodating or hospitable. Each morning they prepared a delicious breakfast and coffee from their cafe. One of the things that I especially enjoyed was the collection of modern and contemporary art/prints throughout the hotel. The adorned the place perfectly, which has it's own fascinating history as a stop for laborers who used to work at the now defunct factory across the way. Patrizio and co. have put together a great hotel (and a lovely tribute to his own mother) and I give it my highest recommendation for those traveling to Umbria/Assisi.

***Now a few travel/sight-seeing tips for those in the area***
-During my month-long stay in Italy I visited over 30 cathedrals and basilicas. The Basilica de Santa Maria degli Angeli ranks in my top 3 for those I saw. Inside the basilica is housed the actual chapel that St. Francis used to worship and deliver mass at. Seeing the contrasting styles of the chapel fully enclosed by the basilica is awesome.
-I was very fortunate to have visited Assisi during the Christmas season. As cold and as windy as it was (the wigs literally flew off of the mannequins in the preseppio in front of the Cathedral) it was a magical time to visit. There was a Christmas market in Santa Maria degli Angeli as well as a laser light and music show in the main square that were slightly over-the-top but equally as charming.
-Food. This part of my trip was the first time that I tried truffles because they were far too expensive in Piemonte when I sought to try some in Barolo and Alba. You MUST try a dish with tartufo nero (black truffle) while you are here. I ate at a restaurant in SMDA and had pasta with tartufo and it was one of the best meals of my life. This was only rivaled by the dinner I had the following night in the town of Assisi where I had similar pasta and home made sausage accompanied by one of my favorite wines of Italy (Montefalco).
-Finally, on my last day I took a 10-15' train ride outside of town to Spello. Do yourself a favor and dedicate an afternoon or longer to exploring this quaint medieval town. As much as I loved walking around the enchanted streets and passageways of Assisi, walking the winding streets of Spello lined by flower boxes and preseppi above the doors was one of the highlights of my month in Italy. Now, I just need to return when ALL of the flowers are in bloom!

Buon viaggio!
Michael
Philadelphia, PA, USA

Room tip: Although my room was across from the train station, I never once heard a train while my window was closed. Ask for a view of the Basilica!
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Michael D
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed one night here, no elevator so be prepared to walk up a couple flights of stairs. We arrived earlier than the posted check in, but the room was already cleaned so we were able to leave our bags right away. They offered to store our bags early regardless. Staff was very friendly, gave us great recommendations for our stay and answered any questions we had. Room and bathroom were clean and tidy, only negative was the older spring mattress, was fine for a night but may have made a longer stay uncomfortable.
The train station is directly across the street from the hotel which we found to be very convenient. Bus stop was across the street to take you into Assisi.
We walked back to the hotel from Assisi which took about half an hour, was a beautiful walk and recommended by the hotel staff.
Breakfast was a selection of pastries, bread with jam/butter, granola, yogurt, meats and cheese, fresh juice and fruit. Was on par with all the other continental breakfasts we have had in Italy.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

On first looking at this hotel it didn't look appealing but when entering the man who owns the hotel looks like Johnny depp haha and his wife was so lovely and welcoming. Room basic but all you need. Clean. Would stay here again. Breakfast served in area where reception is - selection of pastry, yoghurt, croissants, cereals, teas and coffees. X

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank alannag2013
Reviewed 26 June 2017

We stopped one night in June,very hot in the room the fan worked over time to keep us comfortable.Host very helpful and we were able to get the bus into Assisi,on the C line.1.30 euros each way,best to stay on the bus until the terminal piazza Mattel or something like that,then work from the top of the piazza downhill into Assisi,much better than we remembered,then get the bus back from the lower piazza.easier than going up the hill especially in hot weather.We returned to the hotel to recharge our batteries and got the later bus back in the evening into Assisi,we caught the 22.15 back.The buses run every 15 minutes in the day and drop off to every half hour in the evening.If you don't buy your ticket in the news age in the railway station it costs 2.00 euros each way to buy the ticket on the bus.Really great day out and a not bad hotel.The wi fi was not working when we stayed.Breakfast is ok.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank stevemacBelper
Reviewed 27 March 2017

Everything as expected. Great hosts. Perfect for visiting Assisi and Santa Maria Angeli. Patrizio is warm and very helpful. Would stay again in a heartbeat. We were a party of 4 and everyone couldn't say enough good things.

Date of stay: March 2017
patrizio g, Proprietario at Hotel Mom Assisi, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2017

Dear guests,
thank You very much for your beautiful review.
It was a pleasure for us to have you as guests.
We are glad you have had a nice journey.
Un caro saluto da Assisi.