5,253 results
All reviewsadult poolpuerto vallartaroom in blocka la carte restaurantsrooms are basicjap japiguana treehard plasticair mattressitalian restaurantflea marketsnack barsafe keyair transatface clothsstayed in buildingalarm clock
Reviewed 11 November 2016

We stayed in the Beachfront complex, Block 1, second floor. The rooms are clean, comfortable and the staff is friendly, helpful and kind. This is a fantastic resort. We just returned home two days ago and we are already planning our next trip! There is one section (Block 5) where the pool is adults only, and one building with an elevator (Block 3), so if you have mobility challenges try to specify the Block that you stay in. Lots to do, a beautiful beach and within easy walking distance to downtown Bucerias if you want to see the area and not just the resort. Great entertainment at the resort-I almost won a bottle of Tequila in one of the contests! By the way, the food and food service is exceptional. There is something for everyone no matter what food allergies you might have. Fresh fruit, juices, hot food, cold food, breads of every description, amazing!!!!!

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues, ask for ground floor rooms, as only Block 3 has an elevator.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
5  Thank GarinB2
Alberto R, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Royal Decameron Complex, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2016

Thank you very much for all your comments, we are happy to hear comments in which you can express your holidays were memorable, we invite you to visit us soon. Will be a real pleasure to take care of you in this your home away from home.

Reviewed 9 November 2016

This resort has many different areas to stay..both times we requested the old area..it is a 2 level unit right on the beach..It is old compared to the other units, but we love to be close to the beach, hear the surf all night long and just far enough away to have that extra bit of privacy

Stayed: January 2016
5  Thank Debb2012

Reviewed 9 November 2016 via mobile

This is my second time to the Decameron and it was like going back home, some of the staff that served my sister and I back in 2011 were still there (Gabriel and Abel in the lobby bar) and it was really nice to see them. The entertainment was non stop with a fantastic energetic activities staff with games for adults and children, to the amazing shows (my husband and I were in the couples show and got free tequila lol) and the beach party on Friday was crazy!!

My only complaint was the level of noise in block 1 "(ocean view) but it was only because pool 2 was under renovations so everything was right at the main pool, so I would not recommend booking block 1 if you are looking for a quiet vacation lol, however the beds are so comfortable and you are so close to the fun!!

So if you like to party, and just want a drunken stumble back to your room it's perfect!

The food was incredible - just remember the best lunch buffet is at the adult pool (the wok), and every thing is very casual dress for the dinners.

The beach has allot of vendors so just be prepared when choosing where to spend your time.

If it's your first time to this area and you want to shop go into town (50 peso for a cab) or a 25 minute walk on the beach - great flea market (better than PV) and restaurants with amazing food and drinks (Fat boys is amazing)!!

Excursions - Vallarta adventures has a buy two get one free deal, so make sure that you bring a credit card

Money - The hotel exchanges Canadian, USA, pounds and euro
The best exchange is in Canada (we got 13:1) for Canadian dollars

I highly recommend this resort! I'll be back soon!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
4  Thank thedizzle86

Reviewed 8 November 2016 via mobile

I visited this place with my family since we got a pretty cheap deal for an all inclusive hotel. The complex itself is very big, clean and has a lot of activities included in the package which can definitely keep you busy for days. Since its an all inclusive deal you get to eat buffet meals which is great if you are always busy with physical activities and hungry all the time, like myself. They open the cafeteria four times a day for like 3 hours at a time. If you stay more than a day you can expect pretty much the same kind of food every day and the drinks to be just OK. They have five restaurants you can make a reservation at for different types of cuisines but just a heads up, the italian restaurant Piccolo is the first one to be completely booked by 8am. The pools are clean but sometimes a bit crowded. The room was great. The place does not look old or run down. The beach was not my favorite since theres a lot of rocks on the sand but it does the trick. I dont know if Ill come back again but the place and service in general was great.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Living T

Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

I just returned last night after a week. I travelled solo but did meet up with my mom and step dad who were already there. I really enjoyed myself and will return.

The nightly shows were so good! Danny does an amazing job putting the entertainment together. All staff work hard to ensure you have the best time.

I stayed in block one which is beach front. It was spectacular. Sitting out on the porch enjoying the ocean view was such a highlight. From my room I saw the most amazing sunsets!

The beach is well kept with soft sand. There are always lots of seating out on the beach at anytime of the day, with lots of palapa's. The ocean floor is smooth sand with no seaweed. It is recommended that you shuffle when you walk as there are stingrays. Although I never encountered any. The water is wonderfully warm. The waves got stronger in the afternoon and made for some fun boogie boarding. The pools are also great. There are several to choose from. the one on the right side of block one was the activity pool. It was very loud. Unfortunately the one on the left side was being renovated while I was there and only opened the day I left, Nov 5. It looked like a great pool and I would have spent my time there. I spent my time over in the pool by block four. It was a nice pool with an assortment of people, mostly families. It is close to the beach as are all the above mentioned. There is an adult pool over by block five and six, but it is a fair walk from the beach.

The food was standard. They made the effort to provide a variety throughout the week by hosting different themes. Some nights where better than others. The snack shop was good for those moments when you're hungry and it's between main meals. There always seemed to be plenty of food but the later you went the less likely you are to get the variety.

Wifi is available in a variety of different areas of the hotel. I was not looking forward to not having wifi in my room but I ended up being too busy. On my way back to my room at night or after a day out I always passed through a wifi area as there are so many. It's easy to connect so I could reach people that I needed too.

The complex is within a easy 15 min walk to the town of Bucerias. It's about a 30 min bus ride to Pto Vallarta.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo