“Will try again next year”
Review of Mar y Sol

Mar y Sol
Ranked #36 of 191 Restaurants in Bucerias
Price range: US$10 - US$39
Cuisines: Mexican, International
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Mar y Sol Restaurant -Bar , opened to the public on February 1, 1993 , was founded by Miguel Castrejon and his father Don Jose Luis Castrejon ; who was the one who chose the name of the restaurant and thanks to these elements (the Sun and the Sea ) , to accomplished everything is today. Starting with only six tables, a stove, a refrigerator and Miguel Castrejon as a cook , dishwasher and waiter. Initially the restaurant was visited mostly by locals , but over time , our customers are both domestic and international.
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

In all our years in the Vallarta area, we had never eaten here before. Last night a small group of us had a table on the beach with a beautiful view of the bay, and a gorgeous sunset.

I had the tortilla soup to start. A very bland tomato soup taste. I added some hot sauce to perk it up. My wife and shared octopus in garlic, and fish fillet Mar y Sol. The octopus was good, not great. The highlite was easily the red snapper with Adobe sauce marinade grilled on the charcoal grill (Mar y Sol). It was perfectly cooked, and tasted delicious. The best fish fillet I have had this winter in the Vallarta area.

We'll come back next winter, just for the fish fillet Mar y Sol and hope to find another winner or two.

3  Thank CedricGnome

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

This has been one on our favourite spots for years but this year we have been very disappointed with the service. Their is never enough staff working and all the waiters are running around madly trying to keep up. Food arrive cold and it taking forever to get a drink.

Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

My wife and I went there last night for a date night. We had come here a year back, but this year, we've been eating at El Gordo down the street. However, we wanted to try this again. We ordered guacamole, margaritas, cheese enchiladas, lobster, and coconut prawns.

After the original waiter dropped off the food, he never came back. When I finally flagged him for our bill, after waiting forever, I asked him where he had been, and he said"working". He was quite rude about it and he missed out on us ordering additional drinks, or us being able to send back our terribly over salted enchiladas.

The lobster was good, but over priced compared to the place down the street, and the rest of the food was incredibly sub par. I told the waiter that the enchiladas weren't good, but he still charged us for them. The guacamole was fresh, but under seasoned and underwhelming. The margaritas tasted like the junk we'd get back in Washington state.

The hotels will try to give you 10% off coupons to come here, but this place will charge you anyhow, and is already more extensive.

I'll never eat here again after this level of crap service. They didn't even apologize. The food at Al Gordo (I believe that's the name of the place down the street) is way better, with way better food, better service, and prices are better. It's amazing what a difference there is between three two.

At the end of the day, stay away from this place if you want a good meal and a server that will come back after you order your food. This place is a joke and a complete waste. Trust me. Eat somewhere else.

Reviewed 16 February 2017

We asked at Scotts Tours in Bucerias for a good place to get Lobster and he recommended Mar y Sol. We weren't disappointed. Right on the beach and we got there in time for Happy Hour. Great drinks and my wife and I both had 1 1/2 tails of lobster each for dinner for less that $40. Watched the sunset and had a great time with friends. Definitely we'll be back in 2018.

1  Thank VulcanNomad
Reviewed 15 February 2017

Good seafood on the beach. Sit at dinner and watch the beautiful sunset. Fresh food and acceptable service considering "mexican time".