“Lovely warm feel great in winter”

Glencoe Hotel Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

We have been here both as a couple and as a family. The food was very good and service was amazing. So friendly. We spent time many evenings here by ourself and with our daughter we were able to get a great meal and then play some board games while looking at an amazing sunset. It was such a perfect setting and captured the Scottish Highlands so well.

Peter G, General Manager at Glencoe Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such lovely review, we appreciate all reviews good or bad as it allows us to measure how well we are doing or where more attention is required, I am delighted to add your review to the ever growing number of positive reviews about our Inn and the team, so on behalf of the team and I, thank you.

Kind regards

Peter

Reviewed 5 January 2017

We popped in here for breakfast on our motorhome tour of Scotland.

Lovely decor and relaxing ambience throughout the hotel.

A professional, friendly, well run establishment.

We enjoyed our breakfast and the brief time we were at the hotel.

Absolutely stunning location at the gateway to Glencoe with ample parking.

Could not fault our brief visit there.

Dear Vanessa,

Delighted you enjoyed your experience, the team will be delighted to hear your wonderful comments.

Kind Regards

Peter

Reviewed 27 April 2016

Welcoming pleasant, thou when we arrived bar people who a little side tracked and slow but nevertheless helpful. Was my birthday but unfortunately wasn't well but we ordered drinks and my partner had scallops which he thoroughly enjoyed and I had a small fish, nicely cooked the fish, too much batter but had a lovely tasty salad and chips, could have done with more chips but less oil. Was also able to use my Gourmet card which was a bit confusing but eventually sorted. Would I go again, Yes. ps. I do have photos, can I submit after?

Reviewed 8 January 2016

Had 2 dinners here as part of an excellent deal on a 2 night stay recently. The Table D'Hote menu was different on both nights with a good selection of dishes.
The service we received was first class and on speaking to the hotel manager we were told that the chef was only 20-y-o. She has a good career ahead of her on this evidence.

Reviewed 5 October 2015

My wife and I ate at Glencoe Inn (the TripAdvisor name is a bit misleading as it is called now "Glencoe Inn") during our WHW hike.

I had the sirloin steak which was by far the worst steak I have ever eaten. I asked for medium well and it was well done, dry and just not good.

The rest of the food was okay (including my wife's meal) which is the reason I can't give them 3 stars with a clear conscience.
It was also quite expensive (47 pounds for a couple) which is not on par with the quality of the food in my opinion.