“All round great experience”

Glencoe Hotel Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 January 2017

We popped in here for breakfast on our motorhome tour of Scotland.

Lovely decor and relaxing ambience throughout the hotel.

A professional, friendly, well run establishment.

We enjoyed our breakfast and the brief time we were at the hotel.

Absolutely stunning location at the gateway to Glencoe with ample parking.

Could not fault our brief visit there.

Peter G, General Manager at Glencoe Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2017

Dear Vanessa,

Delighted you enjoyed your experience, the team will be delighted to hear your wonderful comments.

Kind Regards

Peter

Reviewed 27 April 2016

Welcoming pleasant, thou when we arrived bar people who a little side tracked and slow but nevertheless helpful. Was my birthday but unfortunately wasn't well but we ordered drinks and my partner had scallops which he thoroughly enjoyed and I had a small fish, nicely cooked the fish, too much batter but had a lovely tasty salad and chips, could have done with more chips but less oil. Was also able to use my Gourmet card which was a bit confusing but eventually sorted. Would I go again, Yes. ps. I do have photos, can I submit after?

Reviewed 8 January 2016

Had 2 dinners here as part of an excellent deal on a 2 night stay recently. The Table D'Hote menu was different on both nights with a good selection of dishes.
The service we received was first class and on speaking to the hotel manager we were told that the chef was only 20-y-o. She has a good career ahead of her on this evidence.

Reviewed 5 October 2015

My wife and I ate at Glencoe Inn (the TripAdvisor name is a bit misleading as it is called now "Glencoe Inn") during our WHW hike.

I had the sirloin steak which was by far the worst steak I have ever eaten. I asked for medium well and it was well done, dry and just not good.

The rest of the food was okay (including my wife's meal) which is the reason I can't give them 3 stars with a clear conscience.
It was also quite expensive (47 pounds for a couple) which is not on par with the quality of the food in my opinion.

Reviewed 31 August 2015

We were a bit worried by the mixed reviews about the Glencoe Inn and the restaurant.
However, we had two great evening meals and two excellent Scottish breakfasts there. Food arrived quickly and the staff were friendly and helpful.