“Outstanding Service”
Review of Le 2 Ville

Le 2 Ville
Ranked #65 of 97 Fiumicino B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 June 2011

We chose Le Ville because of it's proximity to the airport and the fact that my wife was immobilized by an injury. Upon arrival at Le Ville we were pleasantly surprised and the service and help that we received from Federica, our host, was outstanding.
Federica was very caring and made sure that my wife would be comfortable while she personally drove me to the airport to drop off my rental car. When we returned, I discovered that I had left my passport in the rental car. Without a question, Federica promptly took me back to the airport to retrieve my passport before the car was released.
She then reccomended a great little Trattoria close by and arranged for an early morning pick up by taxi.
This is the kind of concierge service you might expect from a 5 star hotel. Federica provides this in a very clean, simple setting at a true value price. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: Upper floor is reccomended over the ground level .
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 October 2010

The bottom line is that Fiumicino is not a great town to stay in. The hotels are expensive and by many accounts not good.

That is a big qualifier to this review.

Le Ville was fine, and Federica was very nice. The rooms are a little awkward, filled with tacky decor, and with way too many scented air fresheners and cleaning products.

However, it is close to the airport, and if you have an early flight out, it isn't a bad option.

We did have a hard time finding the place, as the area is not easy to drive around in the dark for those unfamiliar with local roads and not 100% comfortable driving in the Italian style. A map and directions on the website would be nice.

If I had to do it over, I would book a later flight out and stay somewhere like Orvieto.

But, if you have to stay in Fiumicino, Le Ville is fine.

And as others have noted, breakfast is not something to look forward to.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2010

Like everyone else, we wanted a reasonable place to stay before a flight. We landed late in the evening with an a.m. departure the following morning. Federica is as charming as all the reviews say, the rooms as nice and clean, and we liked our view of the back garden on the patio. Breakfast is as poor as everyone describes. Something about local laws won't let them serve fresh food. So there is plenty but you don't really want it. Federica called the taxi for our a.m. departure and it arrived on time.

Two cautions:

1) Make sure you know which doorbell to ring. The B&B is comprised of 3 attached units with different entrances. They all say 11 so go to the one on the right for her residence.
2) If you are taking a taxi from the airport get explicit taxi instructions in Italian and have her telephone number handy. My friend joined us later by taking a taxi from the airport. Neither of our taxi drivers could find it (and my driver was not trying to increase the fare). Based on Federica's advice, we negotiated 20E before the drive. Our driver was nice and determined to find it. My friends driver wasn't pleasant, and would not read her Italian directions or call the telephone number she had for Federica. Then he charged her double. To catch a taxi to Fiumicino from the airport, you need to cross the road and go near the (parking ?) structure. The taxi drivers that wait outside the terminal don't want to go to Fiumicino because they want the longer fares to Rome. Although three of us took taxi's to this B&B at the beginning and end of our trip, we are still not clear on where we were supposed to catch the taxi to Fiumicino. It seemed like we kept asking until some kind driver saw our distress and took us.

We also had a great pizza at the restaurant around the corner and people were still coming in at 11:30 pm.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2010

Federica stayed up late and waited 3 hours for us when our flight was delayed into Rome. This place is great for a night when you have a layover in Rome and don't want to spend $200 for a quick night's rest.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2010

This was exactly what we were looking for. Someplace convenient to the airport so that we could comfortably drop off our rental car and catch our plane home.

There is convenient, free parking right outside.

I have to say that this was probably our worst breakfast of our two weeks in Italy. It was a bunch of pre-packaged cakes and snacks. Think Twinkies, etc. I suppose it fit with the convenience to the airport.

However, Federica, the owner was wonderful. Rather than just give us directions to the airport (only about 2 miles away), she rode with us the evening before our flight to be sure we could find our way....first we drove by the rental car drop-off location, then she led us past the international terminal. Extremely helpful.

Then, she even drove us past the nearby train station which we later hopped on for a quick (and unexpected) jaunt into Rome. We'd spent three days in Rome last fall and didn't expect to see it again this trip. However, the train station was very convenient to the B&B and only about a 20 minute ride to the Colloseum. What a treat to get to walk around it, then the Pantheon, the Trevi Fountain and the Spanish Steps....all an unexpected treat thanks to Federica's guidance.

I'd stay with her again in a minute.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family