See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 November 2015

Hotel Fritz is located just a few kilometers from the Dutch border in the city of Gronau. The access from the highway is very easy.
The receptionists give a very warm welcome and the room is actually more than you can expect for an econimic 3-star hotel.
The room is big enough and the bed is convenient, it is actually more comfortable than the rooms in the hotels of known chains. The bathroom is big an clean.
There is a fresh breakfast served and the owner offers you freshly cooked scrambled eggs or omelette.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 March 2015

When we arrived the owner said they were over booked and they never got our booking.com reservation because their printer wasn't working... not a great start !

However they had single rooms available which was fine, he gave us some cash to spend in a bar to get a drink and also charged a lot less for the rooms, so we were happy with the outcome.

The room was pretty large for a singe, the bathroom was very nice, but the main room was tired and a little dated, it was very clean but the furniture was dated as was the decoration.

Breakfast selection was very small, some cereal and meats, but they did cook your eggs to order which was nice.

The staff were helpful and friendly, overall it was a nice hotel and I would stop their again, it didn't do anything wrong, but it didn't do anything special either.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 December 2013

A nice reception even at 22:00. The rooms are quite big with a view,nice beds a firmer pillow would be better for me. a good choice for breakfast with a cook who will prepare your eggs however you like it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I had a very pleasant stay in this hotel.

The staff go out of their way to ensure their guests are happy and content. They take customer service to a level that is almost extreme.

For example when I indicated I required a Taxi the owner of the hotel recommended one for me. Later, when that taxi company let me down, the owner of the hotel took this very personally as if it was HIS failure and not the taxi company.

He rang the company and negotiated a discount on my hotel room rate which the taxi company was to pay.

This and many other things made me feel like this hotel is run by a group of people who genuinely care that people staying on their property have a pleasant time.

I found Gronau itself to be a highly pleasant town. Wide open spaces and streets, relaxed atmosphere and lovely to be in. I would recommend the town, and this hotel, to anyone who is anywhere near the area. Those planning to travel to Enschede, as I was, will find this a better and more pleasant place to stay rather than in Enchede itself.

Trains only a few minutes walk from this hotel go into Enschede every 30 minutes and take only 11 minutes to make the journey.

Will be staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

Slept one night at the hotel and ate at their restaurant Carpe Diem. They had clean and spacious rooms. Very good service, the staff was not really good in English (besides a young waitress who was very talented) but tried and were accommodating and serviceminded. Tasty breakfast. I can warmly recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2013