This hotel was really beautiful from the outside. The reason we stayed was because we were tired and the kids wanted out of the car and to swim. The Service was pretty good at the desk. It was very informal and more like checking in to a hostel though. Not a whole lot of upstanding professionalism one would normally expect from a hotel whose rates are very high. The front desk was bland, looked as though it was a place going out of business. I think we were the only people there. The pool area is worn and not kept up. There is actually a piece of bracing where the welds have broken loose and sinks when you walk on it. They were shocking the pool in the middle of the day when we were using the pool. The railings were rusted. There is a huge overhead beam that is broken in the after part of the restaurant area that could be deemed a safety hazard. I found many cigarette butts as I walked around. The air conditioner in our room did not work on the second floor. The one on the first floor did however it leaked water when it ran. The room was clean looking but smelled of mold. You could watch the people downstairs through the floor of the upstairs in the bathroom. There was some kind of debris buildup on the back windows of the suite. The bamboo steps were quite treacherous with protruding nails so be sure to wear shoes inside. shower drain scupper was even attached or over drain hole. Probably because the drain didn't work all that well. The shower had no water pressure and took forever to get cleaned up. the furniture in the rooms were rather uncomfortable. Not sure if the water is desalinated water but has a very, marine life flavor like it is. The rooms also lack the basics or at least could not find them, Tissues,Pen,Paper, Menu,tourist activity book,map of the area that is of high quality and not a foto copy.
Food, Go out and eat. The food is expensive and really is not that good.
This Hotel has the potential to be a great place. But the lack of the employees buying into making it something special, and the lack of good maintenance doom it to an over priced "has been" hotel. The rates here are way to high given the quality of service. I would not stay here again unless the price for the suites were closer to 130$. I think they are worth that and the smaller rooms at 70-80$. I think they might actually do more business and possibly be able to start repairing the image of this place. It can be a great hotel but lacks a leader to make it one. I see this hotel going out of business if new outgoing leadership is not brought in to change things. I hope this letter doesn't fall on deaf ears. This could be "thee spot to be" if put into the right hands and maintain the property properly. But I really could not recommend this hotel to anyone at this time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- L'Acqua Viva is idyllically situated in the middle of lush vegetation, bordering the extraordinary Forest Reserve and Wildlife Refuge of Nosara, at a short distance from the spectacular beaches of Pelada, Garza and Guiones, this last one considered a paradise for surfing. The hotel displays a genuine architectural style, which harmonizes with an exclusive decoration representing the fusion of diverse ethnic elements from around the world, creating a high end atmosphere and comfort to enjoy the tropics. Many of the spaces of the hotel will surprise the guests with carefully chosen pieces of art of well-known artists, which belong to a private collection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK) and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your L'Acqua Viva Resort And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Acqua Viva Resort And Hotel Nosara
- l Acqua Viva Hotel
- L'Acqua Viva Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Nosara