L'aqua viva hotel is really nice. We stayed March 14-20th during Spring break. Good bed linens and comfortable beds. Good towels and decorated in good taste with bamboo and dark wood furnishings. 5 pools all connected by wooden deck walk ways.
The staff is super professional and attentive. Ricardo the Manager is always at the front desk and takes care of everything.
We did find renting a car was a better way to get around instead of taxi's, because although it is really close to the beach and town, it is too dusty and unsafe to walk the short distance. The rental car places are right in town which is two miles from L'aquaviva.
Surfing here is the BEST ever! Perfect for everyone. The instructors at Tica surf shop are friendly and helpful and the waves work for every level of surfer. It is never too crowded because the beach is so long. It would be helpful to have small beach chairs for the beach. The hotel lends you umbrellas and towels, but the sand is clayish and dark, so chairs would be a great addition.
Overall, terrific for the price. Delicious local breakfast is included in your stay.
Getting here- 5 hour flight and 2.5 hour car ride, some over very bumpy, dusty roads.
Rental car a must. Taxis are cheap and show up, but we found ourselves standing around in parking lots waiting until we got the rental. Spa was not open when we were here.
Not enough people know about this place. Very few people staying here while we were here and it is really great. Highly recommend.
Sent from my iPhone
Sent from my iPhone
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- L'Acqua Viva is idyllically situated in the middle of lush vegetation, bordering the extraordinary Forest Reserve and Wildlife Refuge of Nosara, at a short distance from the spectacular beaches of Pelada, Garza and Guiones, this last one considered a paradise for surfing. The hotel displays a genuine architectural style, which harmonizes with an exclusive decoration representing the fusion of diverse ethnic elements from around the world, creating a high end atmosphere and comfort to enjoy the tropics. Many of the spaces of the hotel will surprise the guests with carefully chosen pieces of art of well-known artists, which belong to a private collection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK) and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your L'Acqua Viva Resort And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Acqua Viva Resort And Hotel Nosara
- l Acqua Viva Hotel
- L'Acqua Viva Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Nosara