“Nice ambiance! ”

The Gilded Iguana Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 80 Restaurants in Nosara
Price range: US$5 - US$35
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The restaurant at the Gilded Iguana will be up and running for Nov 2014. The new management brings the BEST food in the area and finally will get the spotlight they deserve. Look for more info to be released soon.
Reviewed 17 March 2021 via mobile

Without a doubt what makes this restaurant a must in Nosara is its beautiful patio & ambiance and the kind & attentive staff.
The food is good, but nothing to write home about, although the presentation of the dishes is very appealing.
Enjoyed a delightful evening and although a bit pricey, would return in a next visit to the area.

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (77)

Reviewed 28 February 2021 via mobile

Expected more for the price. Husband and I are traveling around Costa Rica for a month + and we stayed at the Gilded Iguana for a weekend. For what we’re paying to stay here, we expected better service, faster internet, better food, nicer staff. You have to basically pay for anything, a cup of water, chairs on the beach. The beach is definitely a walk away and they make you carry your chairs there. Which normally I’d be fine with but for these prices felt it was a bit of a snub. At 3AM the hotel consiente hit me up, called me by the wrong name and asked me if I had checked out yet??? There’s an energy here as if they don’t want you staying here end does not vibe with the energy of Costa Rican pura vida. It was my husband and I’d anniversary weekend so he requested they put some flowers on the bed to look nice, and it cost a pretty penny. Normally resorts or expensive hotels do that as a courtesy for staying here and to be nice about the occasion. In the afternoon I asked for a fruit plate, as a snack, and since it wasn’t on the lunch menu they couldn’t accommodate. I I might just be spoiled because I’ve stayed at so many other Costa Rican hotels and know this energy is not normal of the culture. This is a greedy and rude “too cool for you” kinda place. Definitely not staying here again. Highly recommend driving a few extra miles and staying at Rio Celeste Hideaway where you’re treated properly.

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 1 January 2021 via mobile

This place is very nice in its setting with the sunset down the road on the beach. Had a nice size guacamole and a tasty ceviche mixed seafood. Great service.

Date of visit: January 2021
2  Thank SiriusSkier23
Reviewed 25 December 2020

We finally received our food. We ordered a salad no meat, French fries, and shrimp Alfredo. Nothing extremely time consuming. I’m not kidding, 90 minutes. This happened last year as well, I hesitated coming here this year afraid for the same problem. Well it happened again unfortunately. It’s a shame, the food was decent. I won’t be back. The only redeeming quality was the waiter. He apologized profusely.

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 26 September 2020

I came here to do some work one morning as I thought this would have the best chance of some decent WiFi. It did! The internet is very quick.

In terms of everything else, it isn't the cheapest restaurant in the world (by any stretch of the imagination). Just under $6 for a lemonade is a bit of a joke. However, there are some good deals to be had. I was there on a Tuesday and the 'Taco Tuesday' offer they have ($1 a taco) is excellent and pretty decent value. Even if you do add in the tax/service charge.

Overall, I'd come back. This is an upscale restaurant and the service is excellent. If that's what you're after, I very much recommend the Gilded Iguana!

Date of visit: September 2020