“Interesting menu and good wines.”
Review of Scacciaguai

Scacciaguai
Ranked #2 of 41 Restaurants in Barga
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

We came across this restaurant by chance and I have to say it was very good. I would have given a higher rating but for a few things. The service was overall excellent and so too was the starter and wines. We shared a cod starter which was delicately flavoured and delicious. For the main meal my husband ordered the cheese ravioli and I ordered a seafood spaghetti dish. My husband's meal arrived shortly after the entree and the waiter apologised for the fact the chef had made a mistake and said my meal would be coming soon. Unfortunately it arrived after my husband had finished his meal- and even though I understand mix ups do happen - we do like to eat together! Disappointingly the dish I ordered was very salty and had an unusual texture/flavour. My husband said his meal was excellent- and from the taste I had of the ravioli while I was waiting, I agreed. I should have gone with my first choice the pasta with truffle which I believe is sensational. We would like to go back to this restaurant and try other dishes as we do believe they have some interesting and different dishes and give another more positive review.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

A very good restaurant for a dinner with local fare. Chestnut flour is regional and the tagliatelle was a treat. Steak with porcini and linguine with porcini and butter were very tasty. Steak done perfectly. No room for dessert.

We heard that the best of the mushrooms come from beneath the chestnut trees!

A delightful and quaint location with good local wines. Lovely atmosphere inside. Locals hang at the bar. Watch the prepare your meal on the c.c. television. Cool!

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

We chose to dine at this restaurant in Barga, based on the reviews on Trip Advisor, and this is the first time I have felt 'let down' by previous reviews. In the first instance, the restaurant looked interesting, a smallish menu, which usually means a really well cooked selection of dishes. I was really looking forward to this meal, as being the designated driver, no wine with dinner for me, that meant the food took centre stage. We decided to skip the antipasti and go straight to the 1st course. We both chose the homemade ravioli stuffed with burrata mozzarella served with a delicate tomato and basil sauce. Ok, but uninspiring and a bit bland. For the 2nd course, my husband chose the trout, which arrived served with 1/2 a fresh tomato and a 'dab' of sauce. When I enquired how it tasted, he told me it was dry and the crumb coating flavoured with turmeric was overpowering and was like eating sawdust. I had chosen the Tiger prawns with Thai rice and bacon. The plate arrived and 5 tiger prawns and 3 'sweet' streaky bacon strips were arranged on a small portion of black rice, I'm not sure where the Thai aspect of this dish came in, there was no other garnish on the plate, no lemon, no sauce, and it was lukewarm, not hot. If I hadn't been so hungry I would have soon got bored eating it. All in all, a very disappointing meal, and accompanied by awful 'lift music'.
The staff were all very pleasant and knowledgeable and the decor was a little quirky which was interesting and fun.
Good reasonably priced wine list.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

fab fab fab! We treated ourselves to a 3 course dinner and some lovely wine here on the basis of tripadvisor reports, we were not disappointed. More expensive than the other traditional eateries but well worth the treat! Lovely interesting environment.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

When visiting the old town of Barga, we had lunch at Scacciaguai.

Nice place, delicious food with a special truffle menu. And when they say truffle in or on the food, they really serve truffle. This all at very affordable prices and with a very nice staff.

Worth a visit!