“Hake Heaven!”
Review of Wolfies of Hove

Wolfies of Hove
Ranked #10 of 336 Restaurants in Hove
Reviewed 14 April 2017

I discovered this place by accident, when I recently broke my journey home at Hove station. It may look like 'just another fish and chip shop'.......but they serve Hake, which I'm very fond of! I tried it for the first time last summer and, if I'm honest, it did disappoint. But, today, I broke my journey specially to try the Hake again......and it was superb. The team here are very friendly, and the fish was freshly fried. I took it outside to one of their tables, and enjoyed really good fish and chips. The batter really is extremely good. One of the problems with take-away fish and chips, is trying to eat the fish with a chip fork. No problem today. The batter was SO crisp, I could break if off in chunks with my fingers, without having it collapse en route to my mouth!

Really good, Wolfies. I may be breaking my journey at Hove again.

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

I've lived in Brighton/Hove for 6 years and have been consistently disappointed by the fish and chips. Today I was fortunate enough to discover Wolfies as a result of my sisters gluten allergy.

The fish was beautiful and moist, the batter crispy and light. That goes for both the regular and GF options. The staff were friendly and knew their stuff about gluten allergies.

The lunchtime special for £3.50 hit the spot nicely.

I have to say that Wolfies fish & chips is not only the best I've had in East Sussex, but probably the best ever.

10/10

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Took a bus to Hove from my Brighton Hotel just to sample their gluten free fish and chips which did not disappoint. Light freshly cooked batter with super moist fish inside. Generous portions too. Had a great chat with Andy and Sylvie who looked after us whilst we ate in. Well worth the visit.

2  Thank Thelma M
Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

We came for morning breki this weekend and found the cafe so welcoming. The food came out quickly and it was fresh. I've lived in brighton 17years and this is by far the best eggs benidct I've tasted. Not only will the food absolutely hit the spot. The atmosphere and staff were really friendly and genuine. If your feeling really hungry try the hash but you won't want any lunch. Definitely coming back to this little find!

Reviewed 9 April 2017

The portion of chips was too small for even one person, the batter was slimy on the underside of the small piece of cod, over priced chip shop that is one of the worst I have eaten in.