All reviews free parking home away from home the owner maintained rooms base van beach amsterdam
Reviewed 26 March 2018

I arrived late but provision had been made for me to ring a member of staff to let me in when I arrived and sure enough she appeared within 30 seconds of my call. The reception was friendly and professional with all the information I need and I was shown to to my studio, which was a pleasant surprise as I had only booked a single room! The bed was one of the most comfortable I have slept in and the all you can eat buffet breakfast offered plenty of choice, Overall a very pleasant experience (and I also got a free gift when I left!)

Room Tip: Stairs are narrow and steep so bear this in mind if you are not steady on your feet!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank johnniespeedo
Reviewed 1 July 2017

Stayed here for a second time. Why? Because you are treated like family. Having my family living in Katwijk this was the ideal place to live for two weeks. Staff are all amazing and very friendly who treat you like a friend. Most places when the owner is away is not up to snuff but the staff work as hard to please as when owner is away at Hotel van Beelen. It has s rated as three star but is as good as any 5 star hotel I have stayed at. We stayed at Kerhus and Van Beelen was much better. If you visit Holland to see Amsterdam, Utrecht or anywhere this is a great place to use as a base. Everything is close to Katwijk.

Room Tip: Second floor, typical Dutch stairs so one flight is enough to climb.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ron d
Reviewed 1 May 2017

discovered this hotel by accident, we were going to Keukenhof gardens and used this as a base, they offered a 3 night package with free parking, evening meal and entrance to the gardens. The staff were multi lingual and very helpful, the hotel was clean and the rooms were of a good standard.Breakfast was typical continental style. Evening meal was at a local beach restaurant Het Strand which was also of a good standard (separate review). I would use this hotel again if in the area.

Stayed: April 2017
1  Thank pompey7111
Reviewed 2 March 2017

We stayed in a studio room at Hotel Bed and Breakfast van Beelen and we really enjoyed it. It was 1 night stay because of visiting the Musical Soldaat van Oranje. The room was nice and clean with a small kitchenette, water cooker and coffeemaker. All facilities were there. The breakfast was really great and we could not find anything missing and the breakfast room was like being at home. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Free wifi and free parking in parking garage nearby is provided. It is certainly recommended to stay at this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank otten4
Reviewed 5 January 2017

We've stayed here for one night to see the musical 'Soldaat van Oranje'. The hotel is located right in the middle of town, close to the beach 1 minute walk) and close to the shops and restaurants (2 minutes walk).

The hotel has free parking available at a nearby offstreet car park. The hotel staff is very friendly, breakfast is great and abundant.

The room (we had room 3) was of decent size with a small kitchen. The bed was great and it was really quiet so we had a good nights sleep.

I would definitely recommend the hotel!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple