All reviews large room air con plenty of parking van der sandwiches up to date large restaurant shower and bathtub pleasant stay excellent hotel service with a smile great restaurant rooms are clean bread business hotel motorway receptionist
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

Was booked in by friends and got quiet a suprise. Very welcoming staff. Great restaurant and the room was fantastic bathroom had a real wow factor. Overall really impressed would stay again and try other hotels owned by hotel group.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 August 2017

Whenever we drive to Germany, we try to obtain some Dutch specialities like "kroketten" or "bitterballen" before we cross the border.
This time we stopped here and were very pleasantly surprised. We could take our little dog inside and she was immediately given water by a charming young lady. We ordered our lunch and it was very very good. Various sandwiches laid out on salad, prettily presented and not expensive.
Everything was served with a smile. In all there were 3 young ladies attending to our wishes and we left with thanks for our pleasant stay.
We'll be back.
Drive carefully,
Frederik.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2017

Location next to the highway was perfect. Plenty of parking. Good large room let down only by a lack of air-conditioning or other mechanical ventilation meant the room was far too warm for me.

The restaurant was what I had expected - better than average food produced on a large scale. Good service. Reception staff were friendly but was a bit undermanned when we went to check out - only one receptionist.

Good value for money - I expect nothing else from the Van Der Valk chain which is why we choose them.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

+Breakfast
+High-speed internet

Negative:
-No elevator to the 3rd floor
-no window, only a skylight with a faulty curtain
-Far from Hengelo center
-Complicated building arrangement, lots of doors an few signs

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

I arrived not expecting much from the hotel for the €100 price tag but I was wrong. The hotel is large inside with a very nice little bar and large restaurant on the main level. There is an area downstairs for the kids to play including a large indoor bouncy castle. The room was much larger than I expected and everything looked very clean to the point where it looked almost new. The room was very clean and all the amenities. My only issue was I ordered a double bed and got two singles joined together, not too much of a problems as the bedding was very comfortable but since i am larger than your average I need the extra room. All in all 4.5/5 very pleasant stay and more than I expected.

Stayed: June 2017