“LIFE WITH ALL SENSES !”

Cuisines: Seafood, Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 December 2016

One of the best restaurants in Sanxenxo facing the beautiful marina !

Wonderful at lunch or dinner - choose a good table at the terrace or inside if the day/night is a bit chilly and try the many suggestions available !

All the seafood is so fresh and direct from the Atlantic that all you have to do is try as many dishes as you can !

The desserts are also a very good surprise.

With a nice architecture ... pay special attention to the schist floor ! Schist is a laminated slate-like rock, beautifully black !

Will come back again when in Sanxenxo next time !!!

1  Thank MarCascais

Reviewed 13 November 2016

Sanxenxo is a great place to visit in the fall, it is a tourist town with very few tourist once summer is over. I was in Sanxenxo visiting family and they took me to this restaurant, and told me it is their favorite for special occasions. My cousins took care of most of the ordering and it was all delicious. We had a huge variety of seafood--mussels, razor clams, scallops, and best of all the lobster paella. I did order one of the dishes-- a piece of turbot (one of their local fishes) and it was also great. Several of the bays nearby are places where they grow mussels. Local waters (bays and Atlantic Ocean) are the source of most of their seafood --so seafood here is about as fresh as it gets. I only tasted one of the desserts (the flan) and it was delicious. Service was great, weather was perfect for sitting outside and the view was nice. The food was very reasonably priced to me.

Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

While staying in Sanxenxo we were recommended to visit Carmen by our hotel. We arrive just as the staff was finishing there lunch. We are greeted by the owner who promptly takes us to a table outside. Marino, who happens to be the son-in-law greets us and begins to explain the menu. We get the usual "everything is fresh" speech. Our meal starts with an empanada of mussels and chorizo which turns out to be not only delicious but by far the Best empanada I have ever had. That was followed with a plate of mussels- excellent. Rice with lobster- very good. My wife had the Merluza. We shared the Octopus ( there is Octopus everywhere in Galicia, this one was particularly well done. For desert I VERY HIGHLY recommend the Torreja for desert. Even if you are full after eating; get the Torreja! We were so impressed that we insisted on meeting the chef, Carmen, Who happens to be our waiters mother-in-law. We could not help but praise her for the service the food and most of all for the Torreja.
I very,very highly recommend restaurante Carmen.

Reviewed 6 September 2016

We found ourselves in Sanxenxo on business before the beginning of the Spanish tourist season. Many restaurants along the harbor side were not yet open for the season. The restaurant proved to be a good choice. Food was well prepared and nicely presented. The service was friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

Really nice lunch. Great setting. Sat at table on the promenade. Very friendly staff. Food is good homemade fare, particularly recommend the timbal of asparagus fois gras and poached egg. Delicious. Tasty lobster and chicken salads too.
Would definitely go back.