“Take your appetite!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

I like this place. The view over Tamariu beach is lovely, service is friendly and the local seafood dishes are simple and tasty.

We ordered a good mix of seafood dishes for lunch, with salad and Catalan bread. The waiter joked that we wouldn’t need dinner that night and he was right - the servings were quite generous!

Overall a very pleasant experience, washed down with a nice glass of sangria. If they can get my young kids to eat octopus and other local specialties, they must be doing something right!

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Don’t agree with the previous comments - lovely friendly welcome great service - would come again. It seems a popular place with all nationalities.

Reviewed 13 August 2018

Came here with my parents and two siblings. My parents ordered the seafood paella and my siblings and I ordered the pasta. They brought two of the pastas out first and only one small bowl of red sauce on the side, when each pasta is supposed to come with sauce. Seems simple, right? Think again. We had to keep reminding them to bring the other sides of sauce. The first time we asked they responded with "you want more sauce?". We never got it in the first place. The pasta was beyond over cooked and freezing cold. It was cooked as though for someone with no teeth. It was entirely inedible. The sauce tasted worse than a cheap can of grocery store red sauce. And I'm in college so I am familiar with this taste. We asked our server if they could cook it again, he said okay, and came back seconds later after visibly talking to the owner and said, "That's just how we cook it". We almost laughed it was so terrible a response. The paella was tasteless. I am fluent in Spanish and when the owner came over to clear our plates at the end, I explained to her that the pasta really was overcooked. As she stressfully continued to clear the plates and with no eye contact she responded "Aw you didn't like it? That's just how we cook it" and stormed off. The bill was 100 euros. I don't know if this treatment was because we are tourists, but we never once snapped back at them when they were condescending to us, and saw them be MUCH nicer to non tourists moments later. Your time would be better spent eating rocks off the beach.

1  Thank jac0bb0n
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

We went as a family of 5, three kids all over the age of 13, after hearing it as a recommendation from the hotel receptionist. Three of us ordered pasta, two with bolegnese and one with plain red sauce. The pasta arrived freezing cold and unbelievably overdone. It was basically complete mush. When we told the waiter, he took it back to the kitchen only to return seconds later and tell us "that's how we make it". It took about 20 minutes for him to bring the sauces for the other two pastas, so they were also cold. The paella was passable, but not as good as any other one we've had here. Later when the owner came by, my older brother (21) tried again to tell her the pasta was very much over cooked, in Spanish this time, to which she responded "you didn't like it? That's how we make it." And basically stormed off. The bill came out to almost 100£ and 3 of our meals were inedible. We were treated terribly which has been the case in several places across Catalunya because of our being American, but it was especially terrible here. We could see them being completely polite and giving wonderful service to the Spanish families surrounding us.

1  Thank lillyspamaddress
Reviewed 28 June 2018

A surprising night as in I was not expecting my Sangria de Cava to be so much more than sangria and cava. It was absolutely refreshing and delicious but also deadly! Fabulous!

Waitress had a lovely smile and sense of humour. The minted tangerine ice cream is a taste explosion to die for. The whole fish is always good and no problem with asking for your lamb chops extra crispy.