4,477 results
All reviews isla de lobos kiko land family block don giovanni la hacienda block d the main hotel half board a la carte restaurants guest relations tapas sea view soft play kids club turn down service fantastic hotel glass of champagne
Reviewed 8 November 2018 via mobile

I travelled with my husband and our 10 month old son. We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis. We paid for a suite with sea view, however the view of the sea was so limited that we asked to move. The replacement room had two terraces and the most incredible views (room C349). The staff were helpful in accommodating our request to move and it was done with no hassle.

All in all, our experience was superb and I can only second the positive comments made by other reviewers. Room huge and well equipped, breakfast great, pools great, extra facilities for children fantastic, everywhere spotless.

There is room for improvement with the hotel such as poor service in the piano lobby bar, overpriced food at the pool bar which had limited choice, gym has limited equipment and is shared with general public. In the evenings we ate out at local restaurants but had one meal at the Don Giovanni restaurant in the hotel and it was disappointing. Poor service, menu looked great but the food was a let-down.

For families: plenty of supermarkets which stock baby food in jars, the Spar shop in Playa Blanca had the most variety and best prices we found. Nappies easily available. Aptamil available at the pharmacy in playa blanca.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank PupStanley
Princesa Y, Director at Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear guest.

Thank you very much for sharing with us your thoughts about your stay at Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel Resort and for having chosen our hotel for your holidays in Lanzarote.

I’m very pleased to know that in general your stay at the hotel was really satisfactory regarding our facilities, staff attentions and our great location. We’ll take good note of you recommendations, it help us to improve.

It’s great to know that you’re already thinking about coming back. It will be a pleasure to welcome you and your family again in Playa Blanca. Remember that our team is completely at your disposal, don’t hesitate to contact us to organize you a fantastic experience at our hotel.

Reviewed 7 November 2018

Only here for 12 hours as our flight was cancelled had to pay 450 euros on arrival as they had no received notification of our arrival in written form
2 weeks later after speaking to hotel who said they would put money back on credit card it still hasn’t been done
Rooms have a mini kitchen seating areas are well decorated and rooms have Robles and toiletries
Was too busy for me as sunbeds where very close together and in short supply

Date of stay: October 2018
Princesa Y, Director at Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear guest.

First of all, thank you for sharing with us your thoughts about your stay at Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel & Resort.

We will check what has may happened with the matter you explain and if it´s the hotel responsible of that, as maybe it´s the flight company in charge of this as you say you suffered a flight cancellation. I´ll personally check it.

I hope to receive you soon again at the Hotel Princesa Yaiza to have the opportunity to enjoy a great experience and remember we are all available to attend you, you can contact us directly via email or telephone.

Reviewed 5 November 2018

As above - 3rd time this year so I honestly struggle to understand what people complain about. If you're complaining, frankly, you're not trying or don't know the place!
I have no affiliation with the hotel and before last year, never been to Lanzarote. This is my new favourite retreat.
I'm a normal guy, middle class IT technician, 43 years old.
I speak basic Spanish. Make the effort, they appreciate it.
Food is always good. There is something for everyone. Try the different restaurants. Go to Don Giovannis, do the TAPAS another night. Use the general restaurants (there are 3 of them). The only one I DIDN'T like was Los Lobos which is their fine dining. To me a piece of asparagus showed in a goldfish bowl full of sand doesn't make sense!!! Not worth the money for poncey food. I left the restaurant and bought food from the seafront afterwards! But if that's your thing, you'll probably love it. The view from there is outstanding.
Last time we went B&B rather than half board and enjoyed eating out every night. El Mirador is fantastic. Entertainment - meh - but same everywhere I've ever been. How are they supposed to entertain the variety of guests from different nations ? No complaints about the rooms - they're canarian style. Dated ? No - just canarian style. They're clean, you have a fridge (at least every room I've been in has). No issues.
I imagine the place can be a bit overwhelming if you've never stayed in a suite hotel before. It is very spread out. You just have to get to know the place. A home from home. See you for my birthday on 7th December! I'll be there again.

My MAIN complaint (and this is very personal) is I can't stand hispanic hip hop and merengue. I don't want to listen to Daddy Yankee screaming "Oh woy yoy yoy" over the speakers to a load of elder folk enduring water aerobics every day whilst I'm trying to read my book!

Room tip: Avoid being next to an elevator! Noisy all night long with staff and guests.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Robert B
Princesa Y, Director at Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2018

Dear guest.

Thank you for sharing with us your comments about your stay at Princesa Yaiza Hotel and for having chosen us so many times to be the place of your holidays.

I´m pleased to know that your stay at the hotel has been satisfactory regarding our facilities, gastronomy and the treatment received by our Staff. Our goal is to ensure our guests enjoy this wonderful island and unique services of the Hotel.

It’s great to know that you already have in mind to come back for your birthday, we’ll be looking forward for your visit. Please, do not hesitate to contact us, or directly to me, if you have any doubts o special requirements. We’d do everything in our hands to offer you a great birthday experience.

Reviewed 4 November 2018

We have just returned from our family holiday to the Princesa Yaiza, our 5th visit to this hotel. Prior to our holiday we requested rooms C427 and C429 via the Guest relations team. Whilst we appreciate due to hotel occupancy it may at times be difficult to guarantee specific rooms we do not think it unreasonable to expect two rooms together on the floor requested. However when we arrived we were very disappointed with the room allocation C227 and C243. We asked reception regarding our request at the time of check in and later to Manuel on reception to no avail. We were also asked about times for turn down and making of the rooms and requested 10:00 hours for making the room and 20:00 hours for turn down. The times for making the room varied from 10:00 hours to 17:45 hours and for turn down from 17:00 hours to 22:15 hours. Not really a major issue however better not to ask if you cannot fulfil the requested times. The customer focus in the past provided the hotel with the competitive edge on its rivals sadly a little lacking this time.
That said we enjoyed our holiday and the hotel staff other than for the issues mentioned above were very attentive as usual. The hotel location is fantastic close to the Marina and Playa Blanca shops. The grandchildren as usual enjoyed the football with Scott and Gary although we did notice a 33% hike to 20 euros each per day. Particular mention for Steffi in Guest Relations and Catalina in the Piano bar and Pepi who we noted had moved on to reception. We would not want to be on such a low floor as this visit in any future visits.

Room tip: we like a high floor
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank poppobest

Dear guest.

Thank you very much for sharing with us your thoughts about your stay at Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel Resort and for having trusted in us so many times in the past.

I´m happy to know that your stay at the hotel has been satisfactory on many points, like our facilities, location and staff attentions. We let know Steffi, Catalina and Pepi will know about the good feedback, satisfied customers are our best motivation to keep offering an excellent service.

On future occasions, we’ll do our best to offer you the requested room, but it depends on the availability. We’ll be waiting for you with open arms for your 6th visit in our hotel. Do not hesitate to contact us for anything you could need.

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

We arrived late afternoon and realised that the amenities were spread throughout the hotel complex, which meant that my mum would need a wheelchair. Reception informed me that I would need to speak to public relations, and I was them informed that the cost would be 70 euros for the week whereas when I've stayed in previous 5* hotels it's been a free service ! In the evening we went to find a restaurant and we were beckoned into the buffet restaurant. We both thought there was good selection, but averagely presented and cooked, many of the hot items were in fact cold, and the king prawns still frozen. It wasn't till we were given our bill at the end of the meal, we noticed that we were charged 39 euros each, which was extortionate, and we proberly over ate a small amount definitely not 39 euros worth!! Our breakfast was included in our package, but again everything that should be hot was lukewarm/cold, even the tea and coffee. Unfortunately this then put us off dining in the complex. We were even charged 3 euros for 2 plates and 3 euros for ice!
The sunbeds are all reserved with towels by 7.30am, surely this should be stopped. Also if you would like afternoon sun by the pool, good luck, the sunbeds are all still reserved with a towel and no sight of the occupants! Because of this we went out every day, which was a shame considering the amount the hotel cost for the week. We definitely wouldn't be back.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank claire w

Dear guest.

Thank you for sharing with us your thoughts about your stay at Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel & Resort and also for having chosen us to spend your holidays in Lanzarote.

I’m sorry to see that you didn’t enjoy completely your stay with us.
Regarding your comments about our gastronomy, I’m surprised to read that you think that the food wasn’t good, as we have been awarded as the best hotel gastronomy in Spain so I’m sad to see you had this feelings with us, we´ll take good note about your comments to check everything.

Regarding sunbeds, we have a really strict policy about it and it is forbidden to reserve any sunbed during the day, we ask for the common sense and help to all our guests in order to respect this policy each day. My apologies for any inconveniences it could had caused you.

I hope to receive you soon again at the Hotel Princesa Yaiza to improve your experience and to recover your trust in the Hotel. Please, do not hesitate to contact me personally if you have any doubt or need, and to let our team to organise your following stay with us, which I hope to be soon.