I have just returned from a 7 day all inclusive holiday at Paradise Island with my wife, adult daughter and 1.5yr granddaughter, like some of the reviewers on this site I was a bit apprehensive after reading some of the posts. This is a family hotel if your children or grandchildren are up to 13yrs old they will enjoy it immensely.
One of the highlights of the holiday was the food, there are three restaurants all on a buffet style help yourself service. A universal restaurant serving all types of cuisine, which is open at all meal times, an Asian and lastly an Italian which are open in an evening. There was plenty of choice, although some items were replicated over the 7 days, I can see how this could cause problems if you were on a 14 day holiday, saying that they also laid on barbecues, where the meat was cooked excellently.
The staff were friendly and very helpful especially in reception, and the hotel was clean and well maintained, the rooms were well equipped with a fridge and microwave plus kettle, and our apartment had a very modern walk in shower, as stated above this is a family hotel and it can get a bit noisy, our apartment was situated at the front of the hotel some way from the main entertainment area yet you could still hear the music and shows, if you have small children who need to be in bed reasonably early I would recommend a room at either end of the complex.
The hotel has a main swimming pool with shallow children's area either end and then a separate infants pool, all were clean and well maintained when we were there. My daughter was especially complimentary over the poolside toilet facilities, where she visited during the day to change my granddaughters nappies, she stated they were always very clean and had nice touches like fresh flowers, which is a credit to the hotel and staff taking that extra bit of care.
The water park is attached to the hotel by three entrance gates and was open from 10am I believe it is run by a different company and not the hotel, but saying that you could gain drinks free on your all inclusive package, the water park had an area with large slides and rubber ring chutes for older kids and a infants area for small children plus a sand pit and play area, the Thomas Cook children's club was also located in this area Lolla & Bernie Club, which was for children over 3yrs but they did have open times for the younger kids as long as you stayed with them the play leaders in the club were very friendly and did their best to entertain the kids.
During the evenings there was a mini disco for the younger children which was run by the animation team the children really enjoyed this dance & music time, there were also various shows with reptiles & birds of prey which could be petted by the children, obviously there was the obligatory photo shoots at 10 euros a picture.
There is a complimentary bus service into Playa Blanca during the day, although the cost of a taxi from the resort was only 3.5 to 5 euros each way so you can easily go shopping or visit the beach.
Overall we were all very impressed with this hotel, its staff, food and service and all said we would return again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is situated in a slightly elevated location at the edge of the village Playa Blanca, approx. 1500 mtrs from the beach and approx. 2000 mtrs from the village centre with it’s bars, restaurants and shops. A free bus shuttle service to the Playa Dorada beach is arranged several times a day. The hotel consists of 290 modern apartments (renovated 2015/16) which are allocated in two story apartments. The main building offers a lobby with reception, bar and TV corner. It also offers three restaurants - an international, an Asian and an Italian one. The facilities includes as well a mini market, a pool bar, a gym and a disco. In the well kept gardens you will find 4 swimming pools (one of them heated 01/11-30/04) and a sun terrace with sun beds and umbrellas (free of charge). Pool towels will be provided against a small deposit. The water park “Dino Park”, which is opened daily, is attached to the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Alpha Holidays Limited, Travel Republic (UK), Stayforlong S.L., TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your HL Paradise Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Paradise Island Hotel Playa Blanca
- Paradise Island Lanzarote
- Aparthotel Paradise Island Playa Blanca
- Paradise Island Playa Blanca
- HL Paradise Island Lanzarote/Playa Blanca